PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

bam3611
09-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Hi every one I was just passing through and thought I would ask for some help . I own a OUTLAW 525 and haven't been able to ride it for the last three months . It has been setting at the dealers waiting to get fixed. To make a long storey short the rear axle carrier twist in the frame and the chain jumps off. What I'm needing help with is to find as many riders that own one or has a friend that rides one and has had trouble with it any trouble at all. Thanks :)

smokinwrench
09-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Besides a couple small things mine has been perfect. I say try a new dealer my dealer would never let mine set like that.

bam3611
09-06-2007, 05:05 PM
I Did and they keep getting the run around from polaris

Outlaw 50
09-07-2007, 05:35 AM
Not to be a jerk, but you might want to get used to that kind of treatment if you are going to buy from Polaris.

That is what a lot of people have been dealing with from them.

Kinda put the brakes on my plans to buy a Victory bike that I really liked.

Rig
09-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Maybe I'm just stupid, but wouldn't that be a dealer thing? Not a Polaris thing?

bam3611
09-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Its not a Dealer thing they have done all they could and now ther waiting on polaris to do something

smokinwrench
09-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by bam3611
Its not a Dealer thing they have done all they could and now ther waiting on polaris to do something

I have a very hard time believing that!!!!!!!!!!! What is a $500 frame to Polaris?, same as probably $0.01 to you. I say you need to push soem more buttons. I firmally beleive my dealer would have me on a demo model if somethign liek this happened to me. Get soem phone number ont eh net and start calling polaris corporate somethign will happen soon.

Outlaw 50
09-09-2007, 05:46 AM
If and when you find that phone number that makes something happen please post it here for the rest of us.

I sure haven't found the right number.

LT250_JOE
09-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by bam3611

I BELIEVE IT IS A DEALER THING. THEY ARE JERKING YOU OFF!!!
I HAD AN ISSUE AND MY DEALER FIXED PROBLEM NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THE PROBLEM IS A LAZY DEALER NOT POLARIS. ARE YOU STILL IN WARRANTY PERIOD? ITS ONLY 3 MONTHS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE. EXTENDED WARRANTY IS JUNK. AND SITTING FOR 3 MONTHS....WHOS MAKING THOSE PAYMENTS.

Ogener
09-11-2007, 10:33 AM
My friend had to get a new clutch in his outlaw 525 due to factory defects and there was a long waiting period from KTM and another waiting period from polaris to get the parts he needed. But once he got the parts the dealer had it fixed in not time. Polaris does tend to be slow with parts from my experiences.

Ogener
09-11-2007, 10:33 AM
My friend had to get a new clutch in his outlaw 525 due to factory defects and there was a long waiting period from KTM and another waiting period from polaris to get the parts he needed. But once he got the parts the dealer had it fixed in not time. Polaris does tend to be slow with parts from my experiences.

M0n5t3r
09-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Well heres been my EXp with dealers since they added the KTM engine.My 525 had a stripped out drainage bolt when i took it to have its 10 hour service done.I waited 3 weeks for KTM to ship the new part.My brother's bike had the piston snap the bottom of the sparkplug off on his 2nd ride and its still sitting in the dealer in pieces(one again KTM is getting around to mailing the parts)I have bought 2 pred 500's from the same dealer and NEVER had a service issue.I wonder if they ever thought of training the mechs in these shops on how to work on a KTM engine???:devil:

Bradracer18
09-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Go to www.predatorowners.com and join up. There is an "outlaw general" section there, and many of them are talking about how to handle these problems, and the problems they have.

bam3611
09-12-2007, 04:11 AM
TEST

bam3611
09-12-2007, 04:43 AM
Sorry about the test thing I have been trying to reply to the forum but it was not letting me log in. I have taken it to 2 different dealers and the one closest to me I have dealt with for 10 years and never been jerked around . Every time I have taken it in for repair they got right on it. what is happening now is that there waiting on Polaris to make up there mind on what to do about the problem . It is like this with any new product they build it but Don't have any clue on how to repair a problem unless they see it repeatedly. As for Polaris on there parts I get my parts from the dealer in just a couple of days . Now as for KTM they take there sweet time on getting the parts to Polaris. The dealer I go to ordered parts through Polaris and KTM it was a Gear for the tranny and it took three months for them to get ether one . KTM has to Ship the parts from over seas and don't get in a big hurry. I needed the rubber bumpers under the seat and a Air box, Rear sprocket, two chains, three rubber CV boots, two carrier bearings had them all in just a couple of days. One more thing all the dealers need to send a mechanic to service school when they introduce a new product. I have not made any payments yet. :D

empk
09-12-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure what state your from, but if you have a consumer affairs in your state contact them online or by mail asap. They will contact the dealer and then try to resolve asap or they will set a hearing date for non compliance. They might have to pay a fine or might loose thier license. Give it a try, it might work.