PDA

View Full Version : Handle Bars

LTZ400ryder
09-06-2007, 12:05 AM
I was wondering if someone could tell me what type of bars will fit my stock clamp? and will I be able to install a twist throttle relatively easy? or is it a waste of time?

Thanx for the help

soberagain150
09-06-2007, 01:45 AM
any bars that are size 7/8 will fit. fat bars which are bigger wont fit. as for the twist throttle its all in the prefrance. some like it, some dont...

LTZ400ryder
09-08-2007, 12:06 AM
If I get the twist throttle what kind of grips does everyone prefer and is there a size difference??

thanxs agian for all the help.

mbjtlr
09-12-2007, 08:59 PM
I ran the Pro-Taper 7/8s bars on my Raptor and liked them alot. As far as twist throttles go, I personally don't like them on quads. The grips for twist will have one grip that has a larger diameter hole to make up for the twist.

Dr89
09-19-2007, 11:02 AM
pretty much any company is gonna make handlebars to fit your stock clamp, as long as it doesnt say fat bars or 1 1/8" its prolly the right size, as far as what kind to get, when your sticking in a specific price range you'll basically get the same thing out of every company...the more you spend the better you get, all the big names have higher quality and lower quality bars.

and its up to you but, personally i wouldnt get a twist throttle for a quad, if thats what you like all power to ya but keep in mind you sit alot higher on a dirtbike, sitting over the bike more, where as on a quad your more down in it, so your control with a twist throttle is going to vary alot between a dirtbike and a quad but....i guess you could get use to it, i just feel like i have alot more control on a quad sticking with the thumb throttle.