PDA

View Full Version : got some engine trouvle...need help

400thacker
09-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I was riding with the head gasket blowed some on the front of the cylinder letting some of the compression out. I was going up a hill and cracked the gas a little and it lost all power and started makeing a loud screeching noise on every stroke and then died. it doesn't have enough compression to start using the starter so i roll started it in 3rd. It would run a little faster than idle but anymore than that and it wanted to die. if you put any torque on the motor it died. It would only run at that idle speed going downhill. It now has got a little oil all the way around where the head bolts to the jug. I know the oil residue is from the head gasket being blowed. what i think happened is that the head gasket blowed and maybe the piston was rubbing the metal gasket making that loud sound it was making. does this sound right? The main thing i want to know is what the #*!! was that funny high pitched noise. any imput would be greatly appreciated. thanks alot guys.
Dan Thacker

79400ex
09-05-2007, 08:52 PM
It sounds like a complete blown head gasket with possible cyclinder damged. You could of also damged the piston or the valves. You need to take the motor apart to see what you have done.

nickk
09-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Why would you be riding it on a blown headgasket anyways?