PDA

View Full Version : OEM honda wheels vs douglas

Rider-trx_250ex
09-05-2007, 07:56 PM
My front wheels are a little banged up and scratched from riding in little trenches where rocks stick out. Would I be better off buying new OEM front wheels or buying douglas .190 wheels or itp? I have douglas .160s in the back and they seem rather weak compared to the old rear OEM wheels. Any advice?

09-05-2007, 07:58 PM
OEM are stronger than almost any aftermarket besides Hipers. The reason is the rolledlip. Douglas have been known for bending really easy

JOEX
09-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Depends on which Douglas and ITP rims you're talking about. Both make several styles including rolled lip versions. Not sure if the center part is the same as OEM though.

D.I.D. makes OEM style wheels too and for much less than OEM. Contact C&D Racing.

Rider-trx_250ex
09-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Depends on which Douglas and ITP rims you're talking about. Both make several styles including rolled lip versions. Not sure if the center part is the same as OEM though.

D.I.D. makes OEM style wheels too and for much less than OEM. Contact C&D Racing.

Crap.....lol......I just e-mailed them about 26 seconds ago......I guess another e-mail wont hurt