PDA

View Full Version : Ball joint/hemi joint help pls

Rip_Tear
09-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Okay, I have 2 sets of a-arms now with those Hemi Joints and I want to get ball joint style ones with rubber boots, but I can't find the ones I need.

The thread to the a-arms are 3/4" x 16 (I think, they are 3/4" for sure) and they would be for a 400ex and the other set is for a 250R(I think they are the same though). The Hemi Joints that are on them now are from ASR if that helps.

Thanks

400exrider707
09-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
Okay, I have 2 sets of a-arms now with those Hemi Joints and I want to get ball joint style ones with rubber boots, but I can't find the ones I need.

The thread to the a-arms are 3/4" x 16 (I think, they are 3/4" for sure) and they would be for a 400ex and the other set is for a 250R(I think they are the same though). The Hemi Joints that are on them now are from ASR if that helps.

Thanks

Which heims are you talking about? Are these the ones that attach the arms to the spindle? I dont think you can just go back and forth... you're going to mess up geometry if the dimensions are not exactly the same between the two. From what I've seen the heims are a bit "taller" than a standard balljoint, so this would definitely throw off a-arm movement.