PDA

View Full Version : Need help with mod for KFX

DEEDS
09-05-2007, 01:56 PM
i bought a 2004 KFX 400 about 6months ago all that was done to it was K&N air filter, 13t front sproket and 44 tooth back sproket, with durablue eliminator axel, new tires, during the winter im doing a rebuild on the bike completely bc i am buning alot of oil
at the same time i am leaking oil from my case someone where but dont know where so i breaking the engine what should i do while the eninge is in peaces????

hot cam??? stage 1,2,3
big bore kit??

let me know i like alot of bottom end alot i do lots of hill climbs

cataway
09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by DEEDS
i bought a 2004 KFX 400 about 6months ago all that was done to it was K&N air filter, 13t front sproket and 44 tooth back sproket, with durablue eliminator axel, new tires, during the winter im doing a rebuild on the bike completely bc i am buning alot of oil
at the same time i am leaking oil from my case someone where but dont know where so i breaking the engine what should i do while the eninge is in peaces????

hot cam??? stage 1,2,3
big bore kit??

let me know i like alot of bottom end alot i do lots of hill climbs i know i like what i did ,and i would do it again in a hart beat. right now its at 40 hp .as you can see there is a whole lot you can do . as far as a big bore kit the 440's seam to like to blow head gaskets tho some one said that can be fixed , the 434's seam to be popular ,but not all ways with more hp than what i have . comes down to how much money you have to spend and what you think you have to prove
' s

jonboy
09-06-2007, 05:35 AM
I would recomend the DRZe kit from Advantage cycle. It has been the best thing that I have done to my KFX so far. I got a new wisco piston while I did it because it is lighter than the stock one. Lots of bottom end with this kit.:)

DEEDS
09-06-2007, 05:36 AM
what comes with that kit tho???

cataway
09-07-2007, 06:31 PM
DRZe Kit
This is a kit that includes everthing you need to upgrade the LTZ engine into the DRZ. The kit includes, DRZe Valve springs, a 3/4 pitch DID cam chain, all top end gaskets (thin base), valve guide seals, and a right sidecase gasket.
$159.95