PDA

View Full Version : Raptor250 vs Honda300EX

raz535
09-05-2007, 11:42 AM
this past weekend (1st September) a friend brought a new Raptor250 down to race motocross, he normally races a Honda300.(he is 11)
Out of 13 kids, he was 4th in the holeshot, with the standard exhaust and tires, which i thought was awesome, he smoked a lot of modified Blasters, who normally beat him on the Honda, the only quads beating him was 1 Raptor350...highly modified, and 2 Honda300's. mildly modified,(one of which is my sons)
I must say i thought that on paper the quad sucked, but i was very impressed, so much so, that i have arranged for my 12 year old to go for a test drive, and maybe exploring an option of racing the raptor instead of the honda, the thing is the weight will make this quad easier to race hard for longer...my son weighs 53 kilos(x 2.2 to lbs).

I recon if you put a better exaust on it, upgrade the shocks to Elkas, and you will have a winner.

Thats my opinion anyway

Russel
Cape Town
South Africa

bradley300
09-05-2007, 12:39 PM
thanks for the first hand input, not many in the states have these yet, so must of the comparisons are based on speculation

smokinwrench
09-05-2007, 09:24 PM
I looked one over at my dealer on Tuesday it was very impressive. I would like to see a unbiased stock shootout. It was so small and nimble looking I bet it will compete rgith with the 300ex and 350 raptor.

07250ex
09-06-2007, 02:56 PM
I knew it would be a winner out of the lil quads =p when yamaha tries they make nice quads hence yfz in its day most powerful stock quad out ... yes it was and still is more powerful then the 450r but now its so close the simplest rider error and the other wins ...

forgiven
10-15-2007, 08:08 PM
I followed one through the woods during a club race...they are very quick and nimble. The 300 ex is cheaper because parts are plentiful....but in a few years...that will be a sweet ride.

bradley300
10-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by forgiven
I followed one through the woods during a club race...they are very quick and nimble. The 300 ex is cheaper because parts are plentiful....but in a few years...that will be a sweet ride.

i have to disagree here, unless your talking about aftermarket. the 300ex is 800 more on MSRP and stock parts are rediculously priced, like 600 for a full set of plastic, over 200 for the front fender bracket...

forgiven
10-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Yes you were assuming wrong...but thanks for trying to set me straight. The point I am making is that you could build up a 300ex used much cheaper. The 250 is really nice but it is new with few aftermarket parts to choose from. In the future it will most definitely be the quad to ride for smaller riders but now it is not IMO.

racer 707
10-04-2008, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't go with elka's i have a raptor 250 and went with jb racing for the a arms and swingarm. I went with motowoz for the shocks and i like them a lot better then my friends elka's. The websites are www.jbatvracing.com for the a arms and swingarm. And www.atvshocks.com for the shocks check them out it won't be a waste of time.

tireman43
10-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by racer 707
I wouldn't go with elka's i have a raptor 250 and went with jb racing for the a arms and swingarm. I went with motowoz for the shocks and i like them a lot better then my friends elka's. The websites are www.jbatvracing.com for the a arms and swingarm. And www.atvshocks.com for the shocks check them out it won't be a waste of time.

How much did you pay for the a-arms? Jody(JB) doesn't have his page updated with all the new stuff. I'm too lazy to call for pricing.:D

Kevin

forgiven
10-06-2008, 03:06 PM
LOL...reviving a 1 year old post.

I have since bought a 250 but still have a 330 my wife rides. The 250 is really nice.