PDA

View Full Version : Can someone spare a sec to help?

funon4wheels
09-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Hello, im very new to the 4 wheeler scene. My kids love the action so i got my youngest a lt80 and the oldest an LTX450. Heres where my issues start. The LTX is leaking what looks like antifreeze out of a machined hole on the bottom right side of the motor. Did a plug fall out or are the issues bigger than that. Does anyone know a website where i could download a service manual. Its an 05 with almost 0 hrs on it. It looks like it just came from the factory. My other prob is that my son complains that it wont run right with the choke in all the way. If its half choked, it seems to run great. Will this hurt it or you think i need to get it serviced already? Hes put maybe 12-14 hrs on it since we had it.We have done no mods to it yet. Looks like an after market exhaust on it.If i can do repairs myself i will if not to compicated. Just hate to drop another couple hundred in to it if i can avoid it.
Thanks for any help.

the Z Man
09-05-2007, 08:59 AM
The antifreeze coming out of the hole is your water pump leaking, not sure what bike you have but usually just need a new seal.
The choke thing could be dirty air filter or a small leak some where in your carb system ( boot, carb, air filter etc.)