PDA

View Full Version : Need some dog help

firefighterjosh
09-04-2007, 11:36 PM
What does everyone think of bull dogs?

I want a smaller one. Something in the 30 - 50 lbs range. I was thinking of a Miniture English Bull dog.

How are they? From what I have read they are great pets. Only thing they need is ear and wrinkles taken care of once a week.

mitchamus
09-05-2007, 05:41 AM
English bulldogs are sweet. They are great dogs when taken care of properly. They are expensive be ready to spend about 2grand for one.

Humrz28
09-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Bulldogs are awesome, I am owned by one, lol. Just so you know, there is no such thing as a true miniature bulldog. However, some stay around the 30lb range while others, like my Spike, get to be 90-100lbs, average weight being about 50lbs. If you are serious about a bulldog, I recommend contacting many breeders and doing your research. Look at the ***** and sire to get an idea of how big the puppy will be. The breed is definately not cheap, or low-maintence, so please do your research before making the commitment. They are a WONDERFUL breed and the best dogs ever, if you dont mind a sleeping, farting, snoring, housemate, lol.

firefighterjosh
09-05-2007, 06:04 PM
thanks for the replies. I want a lazier dog, I want a indoor dog and a bull dog seems awesome for that. Not too small and not too big.

I already have a 130lb (ya he is huge) but he is just too dang hyper to keep as a house dog, expecially when I am at work

bradley300
09-06-2007, 06:26 AM
a 'mini' english bulldog dosent exist, but some fairly shady breeders will just breed smaller and smaller until they have one, sadly tho, it can lead to some big health issues down the road. breed standards are there for a reason. so you can easily predict what you are getting based on years of breeding towards a common goal

my freind hasa english and its a good dog, seems to obey pretty well and has just the right amount of energy

may i suggest a basset hound? i have one and couldnt be happier, it does shed a little, but its not a big deal, 2 minutes on the couch with a vaccum each day is about all it takes to deal with. they are very sweet and loving. also, there good as a indoor or an outside dog so we keep ours inside while we are home and put it out while we are gone and dont have to worry about what is happening to the house.

they wont get much bigger than 60 lbs unless you just feed it too much and they are pretty low maintence, and very lazy. sounds like everything you would want. plus how could you say no to a face like this?

cbrooks118
09-06-2007, 07:29 AM
I have 2 basset hounds, and i must say they are the laziest dogs i have ever seen. They are sweet, hilarious, but ghet excited when you play with them. THey sound like a good fit for what you want

kchristine
09-06-2007, 08:58 AM
We have a bulldog.She is an olde english bulldog.They are bred to be a little taller and less health problems than an english bulldog.We couldn't be happier with her.She is almost 3 years old and she has been a wonderful pet.She is very lazy most of the time,although she occasionally gets a burst of energy,which we love because shes so comical.Be sure and do research on your breeder.They are expensive but so worth every penny.

jal232
09-06-2007, 02:24 PM
I also have been in the market to find a good breeder of an English Bull Dog. They are a bit pricey (1200 up to 2500) but seem to be very good dogs. I have read some have health issues? Anyone that has one happen to have any? I just bought a nice condo and would love to have one.

mitchamus
09-06-2007, 03:42 PM
there pricey because you have to take them to a vet to get pregnant. then they have to have a c-section for the births.

firefighterjosh
09-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
a 'mini' english bulldog dosent exist, but some fairly shady breeders will just breed smaller and smaller until they have one, sadly tho, it can lead to some big health issues down the road. breed standards are there for a reason. so you can easily predict what you are getting based on years of breeding towards a common goal

my freind hasa english and its a good dog, seems to obey pretty well and has just the right amount of energy

may i suggest a basset hound? i have one and couldnt be happier, it does shed a little, but its not a big deal, 2 minutes on the couch with a vaccum each day is about all it takes to deal with. they are very sweet and loving. also, there good as a indoor or an outside dog so we keep ours inside while we are home and put it out while we are gone and dont have to worry about what is happening to the house.

they wont get much bigger than 60 lbs unless you just feed it too much and they are pretty low maintence, and very lazy. sounds like everything you would want. plus how could you say no to a face like this?

My cuz had a basit hound. It was a good dog, i just want something diffrent that no one has had in my family yet

quadmonkey
09-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by cbrooks118
I have 2 basset hounds, and i must say they are the laziest dogs i have ever seen. They are sweet, hilarious, but ghet excited when you play with them. THey sound like a good fit for what you want

Basset hounds rule!!! :cool:

http://pimbasworld.com/jls/albums/Random-Photos/test_006.sized.jpg

http://pimbasworld.com/jls/albums/Random-Photos/test_022.sized.jpg

http://pimbasworld.com/jls/albums/Random-Photos/test_016.sized.jpg

http://pimbasworld.com/jls/albums/Random-Photos/test_011.sized.jpg

bradley300
09-06-2007, 07:06 PM
you might also want to spend some time here www.akc.org

plenty of info on every dog they consider a pure breed

bradley300
09-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by jal232
I also have been in the market to find a good breeder of an English Bull Dog. They are a bit pricey (1200 up to 2500) but seem to be very good dogs. I have read some have health issues? Anyone that has one happen to have any? I just bought a nice condo and would love to have one.

i know they can have some hip problems, and maybe back problems?? this goes back to having a good breeder tho, they will do thier best at breeding out issues, instead of pumping out pups just to make a buck

jal232
09-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Yeah Ill check tht site out..Thanks alot

Rulz
09-07-2007, 07:18 AM
If you like dogs that lay around all the time and do nothing and have zero personality, they are great!