PDA

View Full Version : A Good exhuast system?

BluBeaSSt
09-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Got a 2007 Honda TRX 400EX, wanna get a full pipe.

What is a good full system?

I was looking into the big gun system, dose anyone have this on there bike? Like it? Hate it?

Let me know,i kinda need to know ASAP (wanna get on before Oct 4 going to the Dunes in OK)

RiderTRX400ex
09-04-2007, 07:59 PM
My experience with the big gun evo was horrible.. i bought it and the first time i ever took the allen screws out to remove the silencer, they stripped and later fell out.. then the screws that hold the whole end of the muffle onto the actual can became loose and were junk...

but that just my personal experience.

I have had a Motoworks SR-4 exhaust sustem now for about a year... and I LOVE it.. it sounds great, makes great power over and E-Series... and looks great..

Most riders on here will tell you to go with HMF, which is a very rugged exhaust system, and wallet friendly(er).

Are you looking to be quiet or anything?

BluBeaSSt
09-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Nope the louder the better I say.

What about the Yoshimura RS-3 system? Anyone had a bad run in with those?

That400exGuy
09-05-2007, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by R_Hoaglin2
Nope the louder the better I say.

What about the Yoshimura RS-3 system? Anyone had a bad run in with those?

Go wit an hmf sport exhaust very loud and quite powerful

rooster300ex
09-05-2007, 08:45 AM
TC shorty,Curtis Sparks,HMF,White Brothers are all good choices.

TeamOMatic69
09-05-2007, 07:27 PM
I used to have the big gun evo x on my 250ex and it was amazing. It was loud when i needed it to be, and when my neighbors got pissed i put the silencer in it, and it was really quiet. i would really recomend this exhaust for anyone. As for the RS-3 system, I also really like it. They are both two quality exhaust systems, though i would prefer the RS-3 a little better.

09-05-2007, 07:38 PM
As crazy as this may sound big gun have been dynoed and have been proven to LOSE HP! Yes not gain, lose. They have more HP in the powerband by about 1-2HP but at peak it loses like 2.37HP. HMF has great gains for a price you cant beat