PDA

View Full Version : Any XC racing around Kansas City?

yernkie
09-04-2007, 04:26 PM
A buddy and I have been talking about XC racing the past year or so and we think it is time to stop benchracing and give it a shot. Are there any races around Kansas City? We both have been riding for years, but never really raced. I have done a little flat track but I wasn't a big fan (I am more of a woods and hils kinda guy).

bjones
09-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Missouri has a good series thats all over the state. Check out www.mhscracing.com

smr
09-07-2007, 08:20 AM
yeah..give missouri harescramble racing a try. I have a good friend that lives in Witchita and he never misses a race.

See yall at Farmington tomorrow....:D

millphoto
09-07-2007, 05:49 PM
There's also a new series coming to Missouri called the OXC
( www.oxcracing.com ) !!! It will run during the fall, winter and late into spring. Add this to the MHSC and you can race year round!

mod440ex
09-13-2007, 08:47 PM
the mhss is like all way down south or way north or east. some of my buddies and i were going to give it a try but there isnt nothing really close.

mod440ex
09-13-2007, 08:48 PM
that oxc sounds pretty sweet, might have to hit the one in warsaw, maybe they will have some a little closer

yernkie
09-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Closer would be great. Most fo the Missouri Hair Scramble races are at least 4 hours away. I keep trying to get some people to start up a series in Eastern KS, and there are a lot of interested people, but no one (besides me) seems to want to do the work. Maybe some day.

mod440ex
09-13-2007, 08:56 PM
yeah i live about 25 miles north of kc and the closest one is like 2.5 hrs.

millphoto
09-14-2007, 06:47 AM
how close is sedalia for you guys? There's usually a Missouri (MHSC) round there.
Unfortunately driving time is one of the bad things about following a statewide series. You're going to end up having to drive quite a bit to race most of the rounds. I would say we normally spend about 4 hours on the road for a MHSC race. Closest one is about a 1.5 hours away and the farthest is 7 hours away. The OXC is going to end up about the same way. Just come to that first round at Warsaw and you'll be hooked! That 4 hour drive won't seem so bad. I know we have people who race the Missouri series that drive from Kentucky and other surrounding states all the time.

mod440ex
09-14-2007, 09:32 AM
i know i wouldnt be able to go to all of them because of work. we were planning on going to the one in lincoln and sedalia, but unfortunately work got in the way. hopefully this year we will be able to make it.

QUADROOKIE
09-21-2007, 03:00 PM
There are 2 Iowa races within 2.5 hours of KS. One is only about 1.5 hours.

There are people who you could hook up with and ride together from the KC/St Joe area.
www.iatvhss.com

millphoto
09-21-2007, 09:12 PM
OXCracing.com discussion forum is up and operating! Stop by and let us know what you think.

yernkie
09-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Looks good. I am planning on coming to a few races just to watch...for now. I have been seriously thinking about getting a full XC quad, and I'm not getting any younger, so next year may be the year.