PDA

View Full Version : Warrantee?

UK450R
09-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know what warrantee you get on the 450XC & 525XC?

I think I’m right in saying on their dirt bikes it’s 30 days – do you think they will make the atv’s longer?

carnutvic
09-04-2007, 04:40 PM
30 days.I would imagine they will fix any updates or problems with them for at least 6 months to avoid any bad publicity.I had a ton of problems with my ltr450 and they were really good about addressing the problems and fixing it.

hsr
09-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by carnutvic
30 days.I would imagine they will fix any updates or problems with them for at least 6 months to avoid any bad publicity.I had a ton of problems with my ltr450 and they were really good about addressing the problems and fixing it.

how does your new ktm compare to the ltr450 in terms of race-readi-ness???

carnutvic
09-04-2007, 07:15 PM
As far as a moto quad,I think the ltr is a better jumper.Off road riding there is no comparison.Just the power alone is a huge difference.The xc makes roughly twice the bottom end power that the suzuki did.The xc is alot easier to ride and the susp.actually moves unlike the suzuki.I got to play around with the susp. clickers and and you can make it real soft or real hard. This model is the xc ,the moto will be out later.I had no trouble at all jumping everything at breezewood.I will put some lower profile tires on it when i go back and do some more moto.
As far as race ready,it has 6 ply tires,full skids(not junk)more than enough power stock,a spark arrestor,real handlebars,completely adjustable suspension,not only shocks but caster and camber angles,a built -in kill switch with lanyard,no tool air filter access etc.
I think that on power alone it is a almost a given you will pull the holeshot.

Quad_Runner
09-05-2007, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by carnutvic
As far as a moto quad,I think the ltr is a better jumper.Off road riding there is no comparison.Just the power alone is a huge difference.The xc makes roughly twice the bottom end power that the suzuki did.The xc is alot easier to ride and the susp.actually moves unlike the suzuki.I got to play around with the susp. clickers and and you can make it real soft or real hard. This model is the xc ,the moto will be out later.I had no trouble at all jumping everything at breezewood.I will put some lower profile tires on it when i go back and do some more moto.
As far as race ready,it has 6 ply tires,full skids(not junk)more than enough power stock,a spark arrestor,real handlebars,completely adjustable suspension,not only shocks but caster and camber angles,a built -in kill switch with lanyard,no tool air filter access etc.
I think that on power alone it is a almost a given you will pull the holeshot.

Sounds like KTM really hit a homerun with this/:D

54warrior
09-05-2007, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Quad_Runner
Sounds like KTM really hit a homerun with this/:D

I hope so. I haven't ridden in over a year and the specs alone make me want to go out and buy one!