PDA

View Full Version : need some help. please read and help me!

dirtbike&quad
09-04-2007, 08:13 AM
My cr85 isnt starting up. i already got a new spark plug and did the gapping and it has spark.

in the extensive manual i got with the bike, it says:

Engine is difficult to start up
Check for one or more of the following possible malfunctions:
a. Fouled spark plug (check)
b. Contaminated fueld system (shouldnt be contaminated...i was just driving it with the same fuel in it)
c. improperly adjusted carburetor (should be adjusted correctly considering i just drove it like that for 2 days...)
d. Faulty ignition coil
e. Faulty pulse generator
f. incorrect type ignition coil

not really sure what the last 3 are, and how to check with them.

Most people said my carb was dirty but I heard thats a pain in the *** to clean, so i was wondering if D-F were any easier?

Thanks for any help
Mike

smr
09-04-2007, 08:57 AM
If you are getting spark then d through f are fine.

How is your compression?

FreekShow
09-04-2007, 09:44 AM
if you have spark then your coil isnt dirty. try draining the carb.

chris46250r
09-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Sounds like you have fuel issues. Do the simple things first. Pull the line off the carb and turn the fuel on to see if you are getting fuel to the carb. Then see if you have fuel in the carb by either using the drain screw or removing the plug from the bottom of the bowl. If you are good up to this point the carb needs to come off for one of two reasons. One to clean it or two, check and see if the reeds are okay.

Ghost-Rider
09-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Faulty coil ?

chris46250r
09-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Faulty coil ?

He said he has spark.

Scott-300ex
09-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Carbs are easy dude, just take it off, clean it all up, let it soad a day squirt it closely with cleaner clean the jets, needle and seat its easy, just take off the carb and clean it, and run STABIL from now on.