PDA

View Full Version : Headers and exhaust sytsems

otis416ex
09-03-2007, 09:27 PM
I have a 2002 416ex with a stage 2 cam, kn air filter, port and polished and is currently has a older Big Gun slip on "Race Series".

Does anone know what headers would match that slip on??...BG said that their new header would not fit it...
If you don't know of a header what system would you recommend for more of a XC type of riding???

Eviltanker
09-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Try FMF powerbomb.

otis416ex
09-05-2007, 06:53 AM
the FMF powerbomb doesn't work... Does anyone know of a site to get some dyno stats for full exhaust systems? Because I can't find jack.

Chin_Chilla
09-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by otis416ex
the FMF powerbomb doesn't work...

Have you physically tried it? Powerbomb is supposed to fit on "slip-on" pipes because its actually the same diameter as a stock header....

otis416ex
09-05-2007, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chin_Chilla
[B]Have you physically tried it?

I have not physically tried it. I called FMF to see what they had to say...but they said that it would be too short becasue they make their mid-pipe is longer than most but for all I know it could be BS. If somone could give the the diameter of where dthe slip-on goes that would help me out or if any one has tried putting on with a BG slip-on let me know????

Chin_Chilla
09-06-2007, 05:09 AM
I have not physically tried it. I called FMF to see what they had to say...but they said that it would be too short becasue they make their mid-pipe is longer than most but for all I know it could be BS. If somone could give the the diameter of where dthe slip-on goes that would help me out or if any one has tried putting on with a BG slip-on let me know???? [/B][/QUOTE] If you are using the BG slip-on on a stock header, then the Powerbomb WILL work.

The Powerbomb is the exact same thing (length wise and width wise) as the stock header except for the "powerbomb" unit.

Again, if you are using a stock header, then the powerbomb will fit. No mid-pipe needed...