PDA

View Full Version : carb questions

mineralgrey01gt
09-03-2007, 07:54 PM
How can I tell what year model carb I have? I need a rebuild kit for mine since its missing a lot of the internal parts that are included with the rebuild kit. I see all the rebuild kits are marked for certain years so I figured I better get the right one.

86 Quad R
09-04-2007, 07:19 AM
what carb do you have(the one pictured in "recent pics") and what parts are you missing?

fireburns99
09-04-2007, 08:42 AM
As far as i know the re-build kits only come with gaskets, orings,s eals, etc. Not internal mechanical parts. If you need some internal mechanical parts, i have a stock PJ for sale. Just PM me if you need it.
Nick

mineralgrey01gt
09-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
what carb do you have(the one pictured in "recent pics") and what parts are you missing?

yea thats it, i have the slide, needle and needle jet, and the other jets and such but I am missing the springs on the inside and i found a rebuild kit that has the short spring and the other piece that goes along with the spring. Ill have to order the longer spring which isnt a problem.

fireburns99
09-04-2007, 11:49 AM
By the time you are done, it might have been cheaper to have just bought a working carb. I have seen several for sale. And then you always have some spare parts.

86 Quad R
09-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by fireburns99
By the time you are done, it might have been cheaper to have just bought a working carb. I have seen several for sale. And then you always have some spare parts.

what he said---^ :cool:

do you know what size the one you have is? if its the stock 34mm you may wanna think about getting a larger one. i see em go for fitty bux all the time.

mineralgrey01gt
09-04-2007, 12:24 PM
i was suppose to get another carb with the motor but the guy couldnt find it. Im thinking of just going ahead and buying a 38mm a/s carb since ill be running an ESR 330 p/v one day.

86 Quad R
09-04-2007, 12:25 PM
there ya go.... :D

fireburns99
09-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
i was suppose to get another carb with the motor but the guy couldnt find it. Im thinking of just going ahead and buying a 38mm a/s carb since ill be running an ESR 330 p/v one day.
Thats what i did. I jsut got to wait for the cylinder to get back from Neil. :devil: The one thing with the 38mm is it is a pain in the arse to stretch out the stock intake boots. just FYI.

86 Quad R
09-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by fireburns99
The one thing with the 38mm is it is a pain in the arse to stretch out the stock intake boots. just FYI.

nahhhh man it aint nuttin to it. i've managed to stretch an old hard atc250r boot over a 39mm with no problem. :cool:

fireburns99
09-04-2007, 12:41 PM
I was in the damn kitchen for like an hour boiling the damn things to heat then stretch them. What is you trick...

86 Quad R
09-04-2007, 12:47 PM
i'd have to shoot ya if i told ya lmao

seriously. it takes two people, zip ties and a lil coordination between the two of ya. 5 minutes tops

mineralgrey01gt
09-04-2007, 12:54 PM
im running an ESR trx filter kit on mine so no stock intake boot for me :D i cant run an airbox because of the exhaust im going with so its my only option

fireburns99
09-04-2007, 01:04 PM
I eventually got it. But it wasn't helping that i was trying to do it myself. And you'll still have tot he front one mineral.

86 Quad R
09-04-2007, 01:20 PM
have you ordered the esr filter kit yet? you should try and make use of the rubber boot that goes from the OEM air box to carb, eliminate the airbox alltogether and use an eliminator plate that holds things in place while slipping a UNI filter to it.

its been proven that the taper of the boot increases velosity to where there is actually more horse power to be gotten by using it as opposed to just sticking a K & N to the end of the carb.

mineralgrey01gt
09-04-2007, 01:21 PM
yea, i already have it on the carb that is missing parts. Its on the bike now just to keep stuff from getting into the motor until I get another carb.

I would try that with the eliminator plate if I hadn't already got the filter kit. I need to get my exhaust in so I can mount it up so I can fab up a plate around the exhaust. Ill try them both out and see which one performs better

redrooster310r
09-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
How can I tell what year model carb I have? I need a rebuild kit for mine since its missing a lot of the internal parts that are included with the rebuild kit. I see all the rebuild kits are marked for certain years so I figured I better get the right one. carb parts warehouse ohio