PDA

View Full Version : my r leaks fuel

chase3332
09-03-2007, 07:08 PM
If I let it sit it will leak a little fuel from a tube off the carb but if I turn the fuel off it will not leak and the bike does not idle. Thanks Chase

mineralgrey01gt
09-03-2007, 07:12 PM
replace the fuel line?

Groves187
09-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Little more info, over flow line or what? If its running out of the over flow tube chances are a stickey needle and seat. Take the carb apart and check the needle and seat.

chase3332
09-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Groves187
Little more info, over flow line or what? If its running out of the over flow tube chances are a stickey needle and seat. Take the carb apart and check the needle and seat.

yes it leaks from the over flow line

Rollscanardly
09-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Have you checked the float level? that could possibly be the culprit

Aceman
09-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a good carb cleaning is in order. Check the float height as well.

chase3332
09-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Sounds like a good carb cleaning is in order. Check the float height as well.

what is a good way to clean it.

redrooster310r
09-04-2007, 05:36 AM
take the carb apart on a towel and use carb cleaner to remove any crud. thats what might be making the carb flood out. sounds like float is sticking .

86 Quad R
09-04-2007, 07:35 AM
clean the carb as mentioned but use compressed air to blow out all of the circuits.

over time a laquer film will build up on the brass float needle seat and cause a poor seal. gas will seep into the carb regardless. what i do to remy this is to cut a section of scotch brite and roll it into a ball. then i insert it into the seat. using a phillips head screw bit that is the same size a the float needle i work it back and fort until the seal is polished. works every time. :cool:

Scott-300ex
09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Yep, floats stuck.

Its leaking out your vent tube.

Take the carb off, take out needle and seat, clean or buy a new one.

Your float could have a hole in it to, causing it to stay sunk. So check the wieght on that if its heavy its bad.

Clean the whole carb since you got it off already.

chase3332
09-08-2007, 06:01 PM
well I took the carb apart and cleaned the whole thing. put it back together, then put it back on my bike and now there is a big problem. it will start up right away but it runs like s***t if I give it to much gas it will bog and it sounds really wierd. does anyone know what i did wrong?

Cr85rRida
09-09-2007, 11:07 AM
My R has been leaking gas to from the overflow valve........now it wont start....I tried a new spark plug but nothing, could the carb be the culprite? sorry to hijack the thread.

Scott-300ex
09-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Cr85, if it leaks from the overflow then why would you try your spark plug? :huh

Do wut we told this guy to do, but don't mess it up like this guy did, LoL.

And to thread starter, did you put it together EXACTLY how you put it together? Did you put the needle back in, and clip it to the float right? Did you take out the jets and forget to put them back in? Is the float adjusted right?

Aceman
09-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Chase,
do you have a manual? This could be caused from a number of things. And most importantly, did you have any spare parts left over after you put it back together?:devil:

Cr85,
WTF? Follow the same advice we gave Chase. I don't know why in the world you changed a plug to stop a fuel leak, you know a spark plug isn't connected to the carb, right? To quote Larry the Cable Guy, "that makes about as much sense as wiping before you poop."

Cr85rRida
09-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Chase,
do you have a manual? This could be caused from a number of things. And most importantly, did you have any spare parts left over after you put it back together?:devil:

Cr85,
WTF? Follow the same advice we gave Chase. I don't know why in the world you changed a plug to stop a fuel leak, you know a spark plug isn't connected to the carb, right? To quote Larry the Cable Guy, "that makes about as much sense as wiping before you poop."

SORRY LOL i forgot to add the fact that the R isint starting :macho thats why i changed the plug, figured that coulda been the problem:scary: