PDA

View Full Version : warrior axle help

elmer91
09-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I have a 2001 warrior andi was out riding this weekend, and my back wheel fell off. we found everything, and looked at the nut and everything. come to find out, the splines are messed up, and have been since i bought it in January. So i need to get a new axle. i have never needed to buy an axle, so what should i buy? i saw the G-force axle for $200, but havent heard anything about it before.

03warriorrider
09-03-2007, 05:34 PM
i changed my axle, i ended up getting a durablue heavy duty axle. i wish i had got one that you could change the widths on seeing the warriors are really narrow to begin with. I haven't had any problems with it and I've been riding on it since last winter. I would get new carrier bearings and seals also since you'll have it apart anyways. i would also check to see if the splines on the wheel hubs, sprocket hub, and brake rotor hub are messed up or not also. I do believe some axles come with sprocket hubs, mine didn't, but I was told the g-force did (not positive).

elmer91
09-03-2007, 07:06 PM
the g-force has adjustable width. i checked to see what it came with, and for a warrior it comes with just the axle nut and castle nuts. no hubs. so i think you just use your stuck ones, cause in the rocky mountain book it does not show where you can buy hubs or anything for them.

03warriorrider
09-03-2007, 07:53 PM
yea thats all my durablue axle came with to so i had to use all my stock hubs. as far as wheel hubs if you need them i know motosport sells them but they are around $170.

elmer91
09-03-2007, 08:02 PM
i am also trying to go for cheapest also. i am not the hardest rider, but i do hit small jumps and do a lot of creek riding. that is the worst of it. if i can find one cheap enough i would even go with stock again.

54warrior
09-04-2007, 09:33 AM
There are only a few of the aftermarket axles that come WITH hubs. IMHO, the RPM Dominator is the best axle out there. I have heard great reviews on the G-Force axles though, esp. for the price.

elmer91
09-04-2007, 12:50 PM
that is what i have been noticing. i looked at the RPM dominator and it is not made for the warrior. from what i found, there was only good things to say about the G-force for the price.