PDA

View Full Version : dealer tuneing prices?

Honda TRX250ex
09-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Does anyone know how much dealers charge for vavle adjustment and to tune up the engine on a yfz?

dirtbike&quad
09-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
Does anyone know how much dealers charge for vavle adjustment and to tune up the engine on a yfz?

yours isnt still under warranty?

Ghost-Rider
09-03-2007, 03:56 PM
To much, Just do it yourself.

Honda TRX250ex
09-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah but warrenty dont cover that and for ghost rider ive noticed that you have been posting alot of stupid comments that arent needed. you need to just stop. Now dont you think i thought about doing it myself? Have you ever seen inside or a 450 head? its alot differnt then a 300ex. I dont have the right tools to do it either. So you can stop with your unnecessary posts?:rolleyes:
Anyone else know?

Pappy
09-03-2007, 04:13 PM
id recommend checking the yfz section or visiting one of the yfz specific sites. its been awhile since ive done it but i dont recall any valave adjustments on any of the sport quads that was too difficult!

Mc. Muffin
09-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
visiting one of the yfz specific sites.
x2

Ghost-Rider
09-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Yeah but warrenty dont cover that and for ghost rider ive noticed that you have been posting alot of stupid comments that arent needed. you need to just stop. Now dont you think i thought about doing it myself? Have you ever seen inside or a 450 head? its alot differnt then a 300ex. I dont have the right tools to do it either. So you can stop with your unnecessary posts?:rolleyes:
Anyone else know?

Was just saying the dealer is going to rape you.

Honda TRX250ex
09-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
id recommend checking the yfz section or visiting one of the yfz specific sites. its been awhile since ive done it but i dont recall any valave adjustments on any of the sport quads that was too difficult!
Ive read some things that tell you how to do it but i dont have the right tools for the measuments and my dad would rather not do it. The dealer said it all maters on how long they spend on doing it and i need to know how much its gonna cost so i have the money :scary:

KH426
09-03-2007, 06:21 PM
dealer labor rates are very high, if you are machanical at all its not very hard. The YFZ service manual is step by step and you can down load it for free. If you need more help or info feel free to p.m. me

HondaEXrider22
09-03-2007, 07:04 PM
If your absolutly going to have someone else do it, I would NEVER go to a dealer ship. Go to a local shop or small used quad dealer.

Ghost-Rider
09-03-2007, 07:54 PM
. Now dont you think i thought about doing it myself?

Lmao, i say do it yourself and get a hate rant, you guys say it and it goes, and every dealership will be different on price, we aren't magic price quote fairies.

Eviltanker
09-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Average price for eastern to north eastern Pa is 48 dollars an hour. The dealership will probably rack you 2-3 hours to do it. Also alot of dealers around us will charge you $78 (the price of a shim kit) and only use maybe 4 shims out of it. Find a small shop and use them. You will only be charged for material used and much lower shop rates.

Honda TRX250ex
09-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Lmao, i say do it yourself and get a hate rant, you guys say it and it goes, and every dealership will be different on price, we aren't magic price quote fairies.
hey ******* listen here im not on a hate rant im just telling you to stop posting in threads where what you post has no use or purpose being there. i wasent asking for a excat quote. im sure that someone on here has took their yfz to a dealer to have this done.