PDA

View Full Version : footage of some insane trucks!

Groves187
09-03-2007, 11:20 AM
http://www.myquadvideos.com/videos/Random/2007_Terribles_Town_250

quad2xtreme
09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
cool video. I would love to have the opportunity to try that sometime...looks like a really expensive hobby though.

/Jon

derekhonda
09-03-2007, 12:27 PM
It's honestly videos like that that make me surprised more people don't die doing our sports. Is it like that every weekend out in the dunes or was this a special weekend? People running their jeeps 40 miles and hour through woops bouncing all over the place barely under any control and people standing 20 feet away with no walls or barricades or anything. 5 dune buggies riding wheelies up a hill 40 feet apart while 10 dirtbikes and fourwheelers come screaming down the hill in between them.

Sigh, looks like fun though; also looks like 2 or 3 people should have been severely injured or worse.

Groves187
09-03-2007, 12:46 PM
That video was a Baja race i belive. And i agree with you about it being amazing more people dont get hurt or even worse in this sport!

CannondaleRider
09-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I don't think your seeing the same video.

This wouldn't be a "Baja" race either, Baja is sanctioned by SCORE International, and are all labeled as being Baja....SCORE Baja 1000, SCORE Baja 500, SCORE Baja 250, etc......... This is the Best In The Desert Terribles Town 250 this year........I've yet to do a Terribles Town race, but I hear they're pretty crazy. As far as I know, the Terribles Town races are ONLY cars and trucks now, where they used to do Quads/MC's also :ermm: .

Those Trophy Trucks and Class 1's are pretty crazy......that video doesn't even do them justice. If you get a chance to see Trophy Trucks or Class 1's running in person, DO NOT pass it up....It's absolutely amazing. The scary part about racing the same race with them, is the fact that they will catch you at a certain point(Staggered start, they start about an hour behind you)....and they don't slow up to much when they come by you. On some powerline road, you'll be 5th gear pinned, bouncing of the limiter, and a Herbst or Riviera truck will come by you like your standing still. Luckily, you get decent warning usually, because you'll see helicopters come over you(At the bigger races) before the trucks get to you. Plus, you can FEEL them coming....yeah, you don't hear them usually, you feel them, it's indescribable.

I'd like to get into Trophy Trucks or Class 1's someday.....but it takes so much freakin money. Many of those cars in that video range from 300,000 to a million and over. I'd like to think that I will be able to do good enough in life to race at that level.

Ghost-Rider
09-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Sweet video !

Anyone know the name of the song ?

CannondaleRider
09-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Anyone know the name of the song ?

Ladies and Gentleman - Saliva

gojk
09-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Saliva -- Ladies and Gentlemen

Ace Sixx
09-03-2007, 04:14 PM
I love to watch the suspension do its thing on those trucks and buggies!