PDA

View Full Version : predator

yellow machine
10-29-2002, 02:55 PM
I was out at Little Sahara last weekend and guess who showed up. It was none other than a big ole' Polaris tralier that said PREDATOR on the side. They unloaded 4 new predators out of it, a couple stock and a couple piped. I didnt actually get to see any of them climb any dunes or go through any trails. They just kinda hung out by the drag strip. Amazingly enough they did not do that bad against 400ex and z400, but they did not do so well against ds650 or raptors. With as much hype that is behind the Predator I thought it was going to do better. At least it is a step in the right direction for Polaris.

Moral of the story: I am not going to rush out and buy one.

:devil :devil

oynot400
10-30-2002, 10:42 AM
A buddy of mine is buying one for his wife. :rolleyes: It is due to show up in a week or so. We are bringing it to the Little Sahara the weekend before turkey day. I am curious how it will compair to my 463. :confused:

Str8Wicked
10-30-2002, 05:14 PM
Thise things definitly look friggin mean but the only flaw I see is that it's a Polaris

DESDAK4
10-30-2002, 06:24 PM
Who knows what to believe about it they say it 45 hp and just yesterday I talked with a guy who said one beat his piped raptor during testing. So who really know. I'll find out when I go ride one.
Jay
USAF

generalg
11-02-2002, 10:27 PM
C'mon... ITS A POLARIS! At least it does look a bit more sporty than what they have had in the past.

QuadJunkies
11-06-2002, 08:33 AM
WEll, everyone dogged on the Z400 and said it would turn out to be a dud, and look how it turned out:) I have a feeling it will be a hit, and Im considering it to purchase in the spring.Guess we will just have to wait and see...

josh
11-09-2002, 10:41 PM
all and all i would never even consider buying one cuz it is a polaris, polaris=junk from what i have seen, i have seen my friend role his cuz of the bike being automatic and horrible on tricky hills cuz it won't stay in the same gear, and the friggin thing is top heavy as H#LL which also didn't help out much so........i could go on and on and on about things i don't like cuz my friend owns one and has experienced all the times everybody has cussed at it for the horrible flaws polaris has, but i'm just going to ignore this predator and go on being a honda fan and trying to save up enough money for a 400ex for myself

josh
11-11-2002, 09:31 PM
how did it do compared to mostly stock 400ex's and z's, i wonder how much those things really weigh, they look pretty heavy

QuadJunkies
11-11-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by josh
how did it do compared to mostly stock 400ex's and z's, i wonder how much those things really weigh, they look pretty heavy Josh, I think Iread that there wil be more info on it against the 400ex in Jan. issue of DW..;) I am betting on this one,its gonna be good..Honda better get there butts in gear:(