PDA

View Full Version : handle bars and steering stem

NNJ Trail Rider
09-03-2007, 06:41 AM
I have an 05 kfx 400 and looking to replace the steering stem and bars any suggestions

meankfx
09-05-2007, 02:40 PM
its not to bad of a job just replaced mine for the second time today its kinda tricky getting the stem out you got to play with it a little

cataway
09-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by NNJ Trail Rider
I have an 05 kfx 400 and looking to replace the steering stem and bars any suggestions i hope you mean you have to replace the stem . i did , the oil tank is the thing that is in the way ,you dont have to remove it but you do have to remove all the bolts that hold it on. it would be a good time to replace the bushing with a brass one ,that is if you can find one, as fare as bars go ,i tend to spend the least i can ,i think i'm on my 3ed set,yeah you tipover and your going to need new ones.

NNJ Trail Rider
09-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the tip! What type of bars and stem do you both run? Have you change the height of the bars?

drzoo2
09-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Some people like a weak bar for the reasons stated. Their cheaper and easier to replace when you roll over vs a stem. I have a set of Renthal banshee bends I really like. These are thicker than the stockers. We'll see when I roll it what bends this time!

z

meankfx
09-06-2007, 11:38 AM
i have a +0 houser stem and tag cr double high bend bars their really strong im hopeing my new stem will not bend before the bars my stem looks really durable plus there running a special on ebay chrome or red houser stems for a 100 bucks caint beat that