PDA

View Full Version : Burgard Lead Times?

ERBE
09-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Whats the longest you had to wait for a swing arm, A arms and Tie rods??
so far
2 weeks A arms
2 1/2 months Tie Rods, wrong coating, took silver vain and had them chromed in 3 days
3 weeks for a swing arm

I know his product is good, I just with he would tel teh truth on shipping times

redrooster310r
09-03-2007, 06:14 AM
i have heard alot of shizzle like that

Aceman
09-03-2007, 07:23 AM
You think that's bad...............wait till you need replacement parts. I've heard the wait isn't any shorter!

It's beyond me why people put up with Burgard's BS when there are MANY other companies to buy from who will treat you right. It almost makes me laugh when I can call up Houser for replacement ball joints and they ship them out that day. Then I log onto Atvriders and see a post about someone needing balljoints for their Burgard arms and he can't even get ahold of Burgard for the last 2 1/2 weeks!

fireburns99
09-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Shckingly i had a very good experience wth burgard. I ordered a swingarm, and had it within 3 days.

312R1
09-03-2007, 02:08 PM
I ordered a bushing and coller set, it took them over a month to get here and I only live about two hours from there shop..I will never buy ANYTHING from them again!!!

yfz450inMI
09-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Waited 6 weeks for replacement balljoints - integrated style so I had to buy from him. He charged my Visa right away though. Had to threaten to file a claim before they were over night next day air shipped to my house!!!

I have no intentions on every purchasing anything from Burgard again. On top of that, they NEVER answer the phone or bother to return messages. You might pay a little more up front from another vendor but when it comes time for replacement parts, be prepared to wait!

pdxbigfoot
09-05-2007, 12:19 AM
With Feather Carbon. 2 1/2 months for a hood and tank cover!!Out of 7 emails (none to be returned as of yet) and 25 plus phone calls i finally got a "Um Hello??"I thought i had the wrong number, but it was right. After the order was placed (and the card charged) 3weeks later i was able to get a answer and they said they were to ship in the morning.6 weeks later it was overnighted to me.As i was to the point were i would start calling around 7 am and call on the hour till 4pm....i NEVER got a answer..??NO machine and NOT A SINGLE CALL RETURNED!!You would think that they would see my number on caller ID and compare to the invoice sitting around and put 2&2 together.........i hope i dont break these cause god only knows how long to warrenty something

ERBE
09-10-2007, 03:08 PM
OK now we are up to 5 weeks on the swing arm , he keeps saying they shipped , but wont give a tracking number!

ANY ONE KNOW BURGARDS FAX NUMBER!!!!

Aceman
09-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Why are you still waiting?:huh

I'd tell Burgard to take a hike and then give you a refund so you can buy a swinger somewhere else where they know how to treat their customers right. I have no sympathy for this guy, all he does is jerk people around.

number5
09-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Well then pass the word that burgard is crap and dont buy from him.

gojk
09-11-2007, 12:02 AM
This has been covered many times on here. I ordered mine through C&D and I had them in about 1.5 weeks. But there are countless stories of this guy taking his sweet tiem getting parts out. I don't know of anyone that didn't get their parts, but some people have waited for months for parts from him. I would cancel and give Houser a call. Just as good of parts, if not better, and not much more on the price. And this is coming from someone that has had a pretty good experience from Burgard.

Aceman
09-11-2007, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by number5
Well then pass the word that burgard is crap and dont buy from him.

I shouldn't have to. Like gojk said, there are numerous posts on this website about this very issue. If people would look into the companies they're possibly going to buy from, they would know what they're getting into. Using the "search" feature only takes 15 seconds.........

ERBE
09-11-2007, 07:34 AM
I found this guy , His name is Lance really nice guy and wants to work with you!!!

http://stores.ebay.com/slcquadcustoms
300 bucks a swing arm , plus carrier good deal!! guys like Burgard need to step up or go away! its our choice to put up with these clowns

ATV Z88
09-12-2007, 12:09 PM
lil question about burgard

when you buy +2 std travel burgard a-arms and want to replace balljoint, stuff like that... can you replace parts with other cies?

also are +2 burgard a-arms good product

might buy a pair for really cheap, wondering if it will be a good deal

thx

ERBE
09-12-2007, 12:13 PM
6 weeks , got em!!

300exOH
09-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by ATV Z88
lil question about burgard

when you buy +2 std travel burgard a-arms and want to replace balljoint, stuff like that... can you replace parts with other cies?

also are +2 burgard a-arms good product

might buy a pair for really cheap, wondering if it will be a good deal

thx

The balljoints can be found at just about any auto parts store. I think it is either ford courier(sp) or VW beetle tie rod ends. They should be able to match something up for you. If you do a search for burgard ball joints I'm sure you'll find the exact part #'s. Burgard makes a decent product but they are not the best by far. They are good for the price though. I would HIGHLY recommend getting them through a dealer like C&D or others instead of dealing directly with him. I'm not sure but pappy may still be a dealer for burgard parts also. For some reason the dealers get the parts fairly quickly but if you go directly through him you will be dealing with a LONG wait...if he ever returns your call at all. His customer service isn't the greatest but I am happy with the a arms I bought from them. I bought them through The Quadshop and it only took about 2 weeks to get them...if even that long...but unfortunately quadshop isn't around anymore.

kraemer
09-12-2007, 06:32 PM
every one i know buys from burgard, but they drive to go pick their stuff up. he's about 1 hr from me, it pretty much cheaper than shipping if you drive the right vehicle, and its always way faster than shipping