PDA

View Full Version : i-shock question

85and93
09-02-2007, 07:55 PM
i was wondering if the I-Shock i5500 Complete Suspension Kit was any good or not. just looking into it bcuz im low on money right now. i can get the whole package for half off.

has anybody heard anything bad about the setup?

thanks

09-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I was looking at it for my 400ex, Idk if its good or not I ask the same question

Turboderf
09-02-2007, 08:04 PM
dont know much about i shock but i love my GT Thunder factory rebuilds with the link 06 450r XC

atv69rider
09-04-2007, 09:27 AM
You're looking on ebay right? I went ahead on bought the 4500 setup for my 440ex and I like it. I haven't ever read anything bad about it at all. The kit comes with everything and is not too terrible to install. I had one nut that was wrong but that is it. I don't think they adjust the suspension to your weight. Mine feel soft and I'm only 185. I might send them off or just adjust them even further. I like it low and wide tho. Overall I would do it again.

GPracer2500
09-04-2007, 11:12 AM
One day in the dunes I rode two YFZ's nearly back to back. One had Janson A-arms with Elka piggyback shocks. The other was the an I-Shock front end (not sure what model system).

Even though I'm sure the I-Shock setup was 1/2 the cost of the Elka/Janson setup, I liked the I-Shocks more for the riding I was doing. The felt really nice--plush, controlled, nice. The Elka/Janson setup felt harsh and stiff in contrast. They didn't give me the same confidence to hit the terrain HARD.

Things to consider about my experience:
--This was the dunes, not an MX track
--I wasn't jumping much
--I do ride fast, aggressive
--I have no idea how the Elka/Janson setup may have been adjusted. For all I know they were adjusted inappropriately for the conditions.

I walked away feeling like the I-Shock setup was a pretty good choice. They're not too expensive, they're not going to befuddle you with endless adjustment that many people don't know how to use anyway, and they just plain work. They're not as sexy as the flashy Elka setup, but in the conditions I was in that day on that YFZ, the I-Shocks worked quite well.

$0.02