PDA

View Full Version : How about this tire setup for xc?

flauge
09-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Ive heard lot of people say that running Holeshot gncc's in the front and Hd's in the back is a good xc setup. But after riding another 400ex with hd's I dont think I want that much grip.
So Im thinking for next season I might run Xcr's in the back instead with the gncc's up front.. Do yall think this would be a good setup??

09-02-2007, 12:50 PM
It all depends on the conditions your riding in, like what kind of ground surface. I live in Florida and the best thing are razr type fronts and razr rears. The razr fronts with the center ridge. The are great!

ohsobad_chevy
09-02-2007, 12:53 PM
I agree with Fox, razr fronts are good, but the ITP XCR rears are very good tires. Our site sponsor C&D racing has pretty good deals on tires. Check em out. :cool:

zrpilot
09-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I've said this many times, but the Razr2 or ITP GNCC fronts with Razr rears are the best compromise for most conditions.

Look at the national level XC riders, they run this combo....

flauge
09-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I agree 100% on the razr 2/ razr 1 combo. They've got to be good if almost all the national riders are running them. But I dont know man, I always keep going back to wanting to buy the holeshot combo. I think the biggest reason is probably the fronts. I cant really decide between the Razr2's or the Gncc's. How do those compare to each other. Far as I know the razr2's wear like a rock and the gncc's are a lil softer.. Right?

MO-EX-RIDER
09-02-2007, 05:49 PM
i started this season off with gncc's and switched to razr2/razr mid season and WILL NEVER again will i run an itp tire....i had problems with putting holes in the itp almost every time i rode.

maxxis combo has 4 races and probaly 5 rides and not 1 hole :D

nicker71
09-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Get some perilli's XC :D

flauge
09-03-2007, 12:28 AM
Hey MO-EX, did you notice a big difference between the razr2 & the gncc fronts, like in braking and turn-in?

Sjorge450R
09-03-2007, 07:19 PM
I ran ITP. I ran Maxxis. Then Kenda hooked me up. I have been running Klaw fronts and knarly rears for about 10 races now and they still look good. Only thing is, im not a fan of the fronts. Kenda needs to make a tread design like ITP and Maxxis on the GNCC and Razr II's.

flauge
09-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
I ran ITP. I ran Maxxis. Then Kenda hooked me up. I have been running Klaw fronts and knarly rears for about 10 races now and they still look good. Only thing is, im not a fan of the fronts. Kenda needs to make a tread design like ITP and Maxxis on the GNCC and Razr II's. Man you took the words right out of my mouth on those Klaws. I like the rears, Im running em now, but the fronts didnt cut it for me. Compared to the razr1's ive got now, they push a bit more and lock up a lot faster whenever you get on the front brakes hard. But the good thing about them is that they wear like a brick.