PDA

View Full Version : racing a lt 50

predatorlee
09-02-2007, 09:16 AM
If my daughter were to race her lt50 local in Pa, what mods can I do to the bike.

It looks like the only class available is the 50 production class.

Does this mean no mods at all?

Are wheelspacers legal?

No intake or exaust mods?

Can I even change tire and wheels?

Thanks.

hotquads1
09-02-2007, 02:25 PM
local classes can differ but most production classes allow many mods, just retain the original frame and engine design , add all bolt-ons and upgrades you like. The DRR's 50cc dominate the class unless they allow cobras to run in it , you will spend a bundle to compete with either one on your lt50.
marc

mxdad
09-21-2007, 02:36 AM
You live in District 6. Here are their classes for 2007...

2007 DISTRICT 6 YOUTH QUAD MX CLASSES

91-200 2 str/91-300 4 str (13-15 yrs)
Youth 4 stroke up to 125cc (8-15 yrs)
90cc 2 str/125cc 4 str Production CVT belt driven trans only (8-15 yrs)
70 Prod CVT belt driven trans only 70 cc max (6-11 yrs)
50cc stock limited I class (4-8 )
Quad Jr. Mini (6-11 yrs) up to 70cc (all types mini quads)
Quad Supermini (8-15 yrs) up to 90cc 2 str / 125 4 stroke (all types mini quads)

Your daughter would race in the 50 Limited class. Here are the rules for the class...

As of August 6th, the following announcement is to be noted:
The 4W 50cc Stock Limited class within D6 follows the ATVA Grand National MX Supplemental rules (listed below), with the one exception that the age within D6 is 4-8 yrs.

Class #32 - 0-50cc Stock Limited AUTO (rider age 4-6 yrs) See #1 - #5- #10 below 41” max. width, 41”max. wheel base, max. 4” suspension travel.

1.Limited Classes #22 & #32 only, Production ATVs may make these limited changes from stock; tires, wheels (must not change stock width) internal portions of the motor, spark arrestor may be removed (must still meet 99db), sprockets, gearing, clutch, twist throttle,handlebars, grips, handle bar pads, front bumper, rear grab bar and jetting. Air box lid may be removed or modified. Fenders may be trimmed, manufacturer installed parental speed limiting devices may be removed (NO AFTERMARKET CDI Boxes allowed). Nerf bars or suitable floorboards and working tether cords are required. NO OTHER MODIFICATIONS ARE ALLOWED, INCLUDING carburetors, oil injection, air box, air filter, gas tank, exhaust systems, wheel base, width, rear axel, A-arm, steering dampner, shocks and suspension. However, if a violation is deemed by the referee to be cosmetic in nature, with no performance advantage or willful misconduct involved, he may issue a warning or fine in lieu of disqualification.

5. ALL youth riders must fit the ATV. With rider in normal riding position, with hands on handlebars, there must be a bend in the elbows, fingers must reach all control levers. Rider in a standing position on foot pegs must have 3 inches of space between seat and rider inseam.

10. Auto classes, transmissions are limited to CVT, automatic and auto clutch. No manual clutches allowed.

So to answer your specific questions...

No it does not mean no mod's at all

You can not use wheel spacers

You can not modify the exhaust/intake

You can change wheels and tires as long as it does not change the stock width.

We stared in D6 in 2005 on a LT50. It was the 1st day when we realized he would not be competitive on a LT50. If you plan on letting her race I would highly suggest selling the LT50 and getting her a DRR/DRX50 which can also grow with her into a 70 in the future. These are the quads that dominate the class. There is a D6 quad website at http://www.d-6quadsrule.com that you can check out and if you register for the message board you will find a lot of mini parents that will be very helpful to you. Good luck and maybe we will see you at the track. My son is #531 and we run in the 70 production class.