PDA

View Full Version : just rode an 07

bigH
09-02-2007, 06:41 AM
this guy i know just bought a brand new 07 yfz se. i rode it for probably an hour haha and i liked it alot. i will definately get one soon. but i have a question what would i have to do to get around my dad's 450r. the yfz is very fast but my dad's HRC 450r killed it in just a drag. i don't really care about a drag race but its just kind of a competitive thing me and my dad got going on. what mods would i need to get around or even come reasonably close to his quad??????? thanks oh yeah and the 07 feels alot more comfortable then the 04. i loved it.

AJ's Blaster
09-02-2007, 08:25 AM
if you are looking to not spend too much money then you could pull out the baffle in the exhaust, rejet, take off the airbox lid, and do the cam mod. You should be able to give him a run.

ohsobad_chevy
09-02-2007, 01:20 PM
What does your dads quad have done to it?

09-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Yeah the 450r stock is somewhat bogged down but if you open up that air box lid and jet it wow what a difference. To beat an HRC 450r your going to need open air box lid, cam, and aftermarket exhaust. If you dont win then get a K&N for even more airflow and then rejet it.

400exfan19
09-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
Yeah the 450r stock is somewhat bogged down but if you open up that air box lid and jet it wow what a difference. To beat an HRC 450r your going to need open air box lid, cam, and aftermarket exhaust. If you dont win then get a K&N for even more airflow and then rejet it.
yup that should probably do it, a high comp. piston would help also

Trx4Life
09-03-2007, 07:23 AM
well a lot of it has to do with how big you are and if you can ride or not. Me and my Buddie both have 04 yfzs he is about 140 and is one of those natural born rider guys. I'm about 300 and can ride pertty good. His bike has cam retarded, fmf pipe, lid off stock filter, and jetted. The one I ride has same pipe, esr intake, hot cams, 13 to 1 piston, +4 swinger, 13/40 sprockets, heavy duty clutches, springs,and a lowering kit. We run the same paddles in the sand and if it run two bikes behind him I'm happy.On dirt he runs stockers and I have wedges and I can pull him about a half of bike. I have seen him out run pretty much every bike out there with bolt on's. Ive even seen him take a few big bored 450r(ice cube cylinders on both don't know how big). So if your the rite size and have ability it shouldn't take much. If your like me http://www.faliconcranks.com/yfz534clawhammer.html to bad I'm broke.

Trx4Life
09-03-2007, 08:55 AM
well a lot of it has to do with how big you are and if you can ride or not. Me and my buddie both have 04 yfzs he is about 140 and is one of thoes natural born rider guys. Im about 300 and can ride pertty good. His bike has cam retarded, fmf pipe, lide off stock filter, and jetted. The one I ride has same pipe, esr intake, hot cams, 13 to 1 piston, +4 swinger, 13/40 sprockets, heavy duity clutches, springs,and a lowering kit. We run the same paddles in the sand and if it run two bikes behind him im happy.On dirt he runs stockers and I have wedges and I can pull him about a half of bike. I have seen him out run pertty much every bike out there with boltons. Ive even seen him take a few big bored 450r(ice cube cylinders on both dont know how big). So if your the ride size and have ability it shouldent take much. If your like me http://www.faliconcranks.com/yfz534clawhammer.html to bad im broke.