PDA

View Full Version : Its almost here!!-WORCS Round 8-Monticello

QuadJunkies
09-01-2007, 10:29 PM
I cant believe its time again so soon! (neither can my checkbook:scary: :p )

So whos gonna flp a coin and see if its rain or shine?
any takers?:p

so far we have had mud,sand,heat, rain,logs,woods,mx,elevation changes..... whats in store for us for this round?
This season has brought a wide varety of track changes and has been very excitiing!!

So how did everyone like the course last year ,aside of the mudfest that is....
Is there a place to fill your water barrels there ?what are the pit areas like and tell us a little about the course??

We will be pulling in late Thurs night so we will see you all at the Friday practice.:)

CannondaleRider
09-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Monticello is a BLAST....when it's at least somewhat dry.

When it rains, which it's almost a guarantee it will, it's agrivating. It's pure clay, so it gets slick as snot, and sticks to your bike REALLY bad, very few DIDN'T have broken fenders after last years mudfest. It also sticks to your shoes in layers...within a few steps, you'll be good five inches taller, lol. Theres enough holes that you could see deep standing water in some spots on the track...... it could ruin your weekend REAL quick.... just ask Gingles about his mud FILLED motor(literally).

The MX is GREAT. It's good for spectating, and it's great to ride on. If it has just the right amount of water, it turns into perfect blue groove, that seems to stay smooth, instead of getting chunked up. Theres a pretty big step-up a few jumps before the finish line....it would be a awesome spot for pictures....the profile view of somebody doing the jump is amazing. There's also a couple other jumps that are pretty interesting......a ski jump that allows you to go as far as you have the guts to.... a step down that can easily put you on your head 30 foot down(i've only seen a couple Pros do it) They actually put us through a tunnel under that jump in 2005...another good picture spot if they do it again.

The offroad is a blast also. Ranges from rocky(sharp rocks) twisty uphills, to narrow trails in the trees, to wide open fields with pretty decent leaps.

There is water available for filling barrels, but it can be VERY hard to get to if it rains, or if somebody lets the water run......you'll end up in a mud/water pit just trying to get water.

As for the pit areas.......it's all sloped, only two tiers, but it gradually slopes to the south....so, try to get a spot as far north as possible(Hot pits will most likely be at the farthest point north) because if it rains, ALL that water will be in your pit if your anywhere close to the bottom.

I think that sums a lot of it up, lol.

There is a MINOR chance I won't be able to make it, but I doubt that will be the case.....So, hopefully, I'll see you there. :D

QuadJunkies
09-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks for all the great info! :)
I wish I could get to the track earlier on Thurs to get a decent spot. I hate when we get too far out , but this trip Troy will be with me BOTH ways for a change, so we leave after he gets off work.
Hopefully we get a decent place to set up on Fri. cause we will roll into town too late to set up the pit the night before.

I had freinds that raced it last year and I do remember Mikes experience. I hope we dont break any fenders ..We have had enough things to replace this season!!!:eek2:
So ya think I better buy some rubber boots for everyone-JUST IN CASE?? LOL

cross your fingers it stays like this!Thats not too bad!
Fri
Sep 7 Partly Cloudy
73°/49° 10%
73°F

Sat
Sep 8 Scattered T-Storms
71°/49° 40%
71°F

Don't Forget Your Sunblock
Sun
Sep 9 Mostly Sunny
76°/50° 10%
76°F

d kelley
09-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Do not get water at the track water tank. It was an oil storage tank before they started using it for water. It will put an oily layer on everything it touches in your trailer, (tank, lines, faucet, etc.) Try to find a place in town before you get to the track. Have a safe trip!

QuadJunkies
09-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by d kelley
Do not get water at the track water tank. It was an oil storage tank before they started using it for water. It will put an oily layer on everything it touches in your trailer, (tank, lines, faucet, etc.) Try to find a place in town before you get to the track. Have a safe trip!
Thanks for that info :eek2:
any Ideas where to go close by??
Ill be strolling in late and Im not sure how far our rooms are from the track or from town.
Kelsey tweeked her knee and may have torn her MCL so I hope shes re-cooped before next wk end .:ermm:

d kelley
09-03-2007, 05:26 PM
The town is about ten minutes from the track. There is a Taco Time in town that has a hose and a small air compressor around the back. I think the motels (maybe the Days Inn?) had a hose in the back parking lot also.

QuadJunkies
09-03-2007, 11:53 PM
cool-thanks!

Ex'r Marlin
09-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the info CannondaleRider and d kelley!:cool:

I too will be camping out there in a toyhauler... I hope we will be prepared for the worst. I too heard last year was a real bummer for most racers. I hope this year is different... This will be my first Utah race... Hopefully I will bring the "Valley of the Sun" (Phoenix) sunshine with me!:D (But leave the heat behind, of course... )

QuadJunkies
09-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
Thanks for the info CannondaleRider and d kelley!:cool:

I hope we will be prepared for the worst. I too heard last year was a real bummer for most racers. I hope this year is different... This will be my first Utah race... Hopefully I will bring the "Valley of the Sun" (Phoenix) sunshine with me!:D (But leave the heat behind, of course... )
Its lookin pretty good!

Weather appears to be in the upper 70's and one day in the 80's!

komik
09-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Last year was crazy in UT. The weather sucked, there was actually snow in the distant mountains. The course was great, except for the crazy mud. The parking was aweful. There were so many people getting stuck and having to get pulled out. The mud is very sticky there so be prepared for mud even if it doesn't rain. This course has it all, rocks, long wide open fields, a few trees to navigate, ponds that you have to avoid, washes that you go in and out off, a great MX section with some decent jumps.

Let just hope it doesn't wind up like this again !

http://markelliotph.powweb.com/Worcs/QuadSteaming.jpg

This was part of the Pro Section last year and a great place for spectators.

http://markelliotph.powweb.com/Worcs/DropOff.jpg

See you all there...!!!

Ex'r Marlin
09-06-2007, 12:36 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW!

Thanks...

Lots of laughs when you stated, "See ya there"... It looks like we may all "look" alike!:D (Some maybe a little "rounder" than others... but still dark and muddy....:rolleyes: )

CannondaleRider
09-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by komik
This was part of the Pro Section last year and a great place for spectators.

http://markelliotph.powweb.com/Worcs/DropOff.jpg

See you all there...!!!

Good ol Mr. Rarey in that picture......(Using my 23 inch fronts tires....forgot about that, lol)

He says that particular lap on that drop pretty much scared the hell out of him, lol. Glad you got the shot.

QuadJunkies
09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
What a wild wk end!!
Mud's no fun but either is the dust.. I get enough of that here at home .lol
My camera malfunctioned on the Friday practice and I lost all my photos from that day . :(
:scary:
It was great seeing everyone again!
Hopefully Ill make it to Pismo. There is so many broken quad parts I dunno if I can afford to go this time around. Both Troy and Brandon ,Brandons was the worst. I think he thought he was Jeremy Schell for a brief moment. LOL
:confused:
Ill be working on photos and videos all week.
Troy got some SICK Pro main coverage on vidoe as well.

The Admin. made his way out this round, so there will be lots of great photos and Interviews.
http://www.pbase.com/image/85404800/original.jpg

CrackerboyLV
09-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Tina, Thanks for letting me borrow your lens. I'm jealous you get to use it everyday. Can't wait to see your photos.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1144/1368604531_c515bfd065.jpg

Ex'r Marlin
09-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Oh my goodness... I hope that is Photoshop!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Was that you CrakerboyLV?

QuadJunkies
09-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by CrackerboyLV
Tina, Thanks for letting me borrow your lens. I'm jealous you get to use it everyday. Can't wait to see your photos.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1144/1368604531_c515bfd065.jpg

OMG:eek: thats a AWESOME shot!! Is that what Troy looked like too??!! lol

Well.... you know what I mean. lol :p
Your welcome to it when Im not using it .;)

adrenalinefreak
09-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Tina,

You take the best pictures!!! I had fun despite all the carnage in Monticello. At least I didn't break any bones this year ; )

Sorry to hear about Brandon and Troy's luck! Are you guys going to make Pismo?

This will be my first time at Pismo so I'm sure it will be interesting to say the least!

If they take Kalyce's points out I'm sitting 2nd in the Women's B class and I'm also sitting 2nd in the Production C class....

See you guys soon!

Donna

QuadJunkies
09-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak
Tina,

You take the best pictures!!! I had fun despite all the carnage in Monticello. At least I didn't break any bones this year ; )

Sorry to hear about Brandon and Troy's luck! Are you guys going to make Pismo?

This will be my first time at Pismo so I'm sure it will be interesting to say the least!

If they take Kalyce's points out I'm sitting 2nd in the Women's B class and I'm also sitting 2nd in the Production C class....

See you guys soon!

Donna
Were gonna try like he!! to make it!

CrackerboyLV
09-19-2007, 09:51 AM
No, that's not me. I did crash in the same spot as Troy though.:rolleyes: Broken grab bar, bruised ribs etc.

Hey Donna, I beeped at you in Moab. As usual, I never saw you again after that. Hopefully you made it without getting pulled over this time...

That photo is part of a 5 shot sequence hopefully I'll get it posted soon. Round 8 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevetmulcahy/collections/72157602047921986/)

adrenalinefreak
09-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Hey Crackerboy...

I think I remember you beeping at me...as far as speeding...I go the speed limit the whole way now!! Actually i set the cruise control at 5 miles above whatever the speed limit is....

I don't need anymore tickets...

See everyone in Pismo

IMSROLL450R
09-20-2007, 12:06 PM
is the worcs series televised at all???????? Or any other series.

QuadJunkies
09-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by IMSROLL450R
is the worcs series televised at all???????? Or any other series.
Last I heard sometime in the 2008 season the WORCS will get a small amt. of being televised .
This series is going places!:macho

QuadJunkies
09-28-2007, 12:07 AM
videos are up!
Videos (http://www.atvriders.com/atvracing/worcsatvracing2007.html#8)