PDA

View Full Version : i got a survey

Turboderf
09-01-2007, 08:22 PM
well i have a engine noise and took the bike to the dealer the timing chain was very loose the dealer needed tear down time 200 bux they said the engine oil was never changed. they said due to lack of service cause the problem the 1st service is due at 1 month or 20 hours and the 2nd service is due 12 months or 100 hours of service i would not wait that long i just had a timing chain wear out on me and honda warratny declined the repair after i paid 200.00 bux for tear down my bike is 06 thats been in service for 19 months just a trail rider no racing and on saturday american honda motors sent me a survey on how do i feel of the out come They declined the work so you know iam very happy:(

Rulz
09-01-2007, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't take anything to the dealer to have work done. Learn to do the work yourself, until you do, all dealers are going to put the screws to you!

09-02-2007, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Rulz
I wouldn't take anything to the dealer to have work done. Learn to do the work yourself, until you do, all dealers are going to put the screws to you!

Turboderf is an ASE certified master technician. He brought it to the dealer because he bought the bike used and it came with the extended warranty the original owner bought when it was new.