PDA

View Full Version : Hrc kit jet question

cthomps07
09-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Ok with the hrc kits do they just give you one set of jets? I am wondering because if I get one I wont be adding an exhaust right off and I want to take and use my stock one with no baffle. Will I be too lean then with the jetting they give you?

450rJam
09-01-2007, 08:21 PM
what year ?

cthomps07
09-01-2007, 10:09 PM

450rJam
09-02-2007, 06:54 PM
hrc comes with one main and a leak jet (and a new needle)

the hrc header is a good performer and your stock can has an ama noise reducer you can remove if its too quiet (I think it sounds like crap though)
if you are going to do more mods after the hrc kit I would suggest getting a jet kit with a range of jets (klein not the dyna crap)

I think the hrc jetting would be fine for the hrc header + slip on

cthomps07
09-02-2007, 08:27 PM
What about an hrc with full exhaust system? Will I be too lean? I mean I am sure it depends on the system of course....

450rJam
09-03-2007, 06:44 AM
thats actually what im running (hrc/rossier)
performance and sound are impressive

rossier told me to run the hrc jetting (162 main) I did this but it popped a little and seemed to get hot pretty fast so I bumped it to a 165 (Im going to get it dynoed next trip to ls oklahoma)
I also added the pro-design k&n filter w/outerwears.

with just the hrc kit it ripped, smoking alot of other modded 450's
the rossier added a little but not alot (you can feel it on the butt dyno) the main thing it added was throttle response, you tap the throttle and it launches (the sound/tone is nice too, when in the middle of 12 quads it was hard to hear when to shift, not any more) it is on the loud side

joe with rossier is very helpfull and the quality/fit of the pipe is awesome

cthomps07
09-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Nice quad! I take it you are running without the air box lid as well? Have you done anything else besides the HRC and Rossier. I am just looking for a good place to start and I need to find a jet kit that will work. I saw on the Rossier website he has a jet kit available as well. Might be worth checking into I guess.

450rJam
09-03-2007, 07:19 AM
hrc for 06+ run no lid (04/05 run modded lid)

thats all, hrc/rossier/K&N (Performance and reliability were goals)

next mods are suspension, I added a stabilizer and im saving for revalve/respring from gt thunder (with xc link)

the trails and small mx track I ride limit how much power is usable,
the dunes/drag strip are the only place I get to really open it up.

Im curious what its putting down now, hrc claims close to 50 but I know how mfg. exagerate (im guessing close to 50hp w/exhaust)

it has no problems powering 4th gear wheelies and with a light tug on the bars 5th comes on up

cthomps07
09-03-2007, 08:24 AM
I am trying to do the same keep it reliable and get some more power. I only ride locally with friends but we ride alot of dirt roads and dunes and power is nice and so is speed. I climbed a hill yesterday I went from 5th gear in the start of the hill and dropped all the way to second and almost had to hit first at the top. My buddy and his yfz only had to go to third. I am really looking to stay with him. He has a dual exhaust and k&n and thats it I would think with the HRC, a full system,and a uni filter I should be able to go right by him.

450rJam
09-03-2007, 08:27 AM
you could prob. start in 2nd and end in 4th with the hrc kit
(it is that good) hang on when you get to the top sometimes your so thrilled that you launch off of it

your friend isnt going to be happy with you at all
(your going to kill that yfz really bad)
like racing a 400ex with your stock 450r

cthomps07
09-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Yeah it will be even worse when he finds out we have about the same money invested as well.:D There is another yfz I ride with who has alot of work done to his but its an 04 so its not that fast still. If it was an 06+ with the same work it would be faster. Hopefully I will stay with that one as its just a touch faster than the other.

Jem450ER
09-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Cthomps, I just installed the HRC kit in my 07, the jetting they send will be spot on! Atleast it is for me, i did everything the book told me too and it just absolutly rips. i'm just running the HRC head+canister mods and couldn't be happier. I'm sure a pipe will come in due time but for now i'm pretty happy with it.