PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw bearings

dbdk23
09-01-2007, 07:27 PM
My 2006 Polaris Outlaw bearings already went out in the rear housing. I can take and wiggle the sprocket or brake rotor and the whole housing will wiggle back and forth. Has any one else had this problem yet? Cause i dont think they should have already went out. It gets the occasional mud and water but not very often. maybe once or twice a month. Other than that its jus minor jumping and trail riding. Does anyone know why they went out so fast? thank alot for your help!!

that slow guy
09-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by dbdk23
...wiggle the sprocket or brake rotor and the whole housing will wiggle back and forth...
it sounds like your housing mounting bolts are loose if the entire housing will wiggle back and forth.</obvious answer>
hopefully the mud and water hasn't replaced the oil in the axle. do you hear signs of gnarly bearings when you roll the bike?

dbdk23
09-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Well i didnt actually mean the whole housing. That was my mistake. But i meant that the whole thing thats goes inside the housing wiggles back and forth. All i hear when i roll the bike is the normal sounds like the chain and stuff. But im pretty sure that something is messed up in there cause my rubber boot on the left side that seals the housing..it is all messed up. What i mean by that is it isnt on there right. its all folded up and wrinkled. it still has a good seal and has no leaks that i know of but it is screwed up. and one time after i just got done washing it, i pulled it in the garage and when i let it sit for a few minutes, i noticed some rusty looking water dripping out of the rear housing. I dont know if thats normal for this bike or what but i dont know. What do u think about it now?

that slow guy
09-02-2007, 12:42 AM
if that were mine i would:
1> tear into it and see if i can find any troubled pieces to replace
2> burp the boots and re-grease everything
3> try to keep the drive box dryer in the future
4> if all else failed, ride her till she locked up.

i really do hope it's nothing serious and wish you good luck. if you or your friends aren't good at wrenching, i'd strongly recommend taking it to a shop and paying the outrageous prices to have them take a look. i'm glad it's not my bike...i'd probably just skip right to step 4.

Outlaw 50
09-02-2007, 05:01 AM
The rear carrier bearings are junk from the factory.
It sounds like they are shot on your quad and need to be replaced. The service manual for this quad is $20.00 from the dealer and tells you how to change the bearings.

Get it fixed.........do not ride the quad in this condition. If it locks up you can get hurt and you will cost yourself a lot more money to repair the quad.