PDA

View Full Version : Good Rear Shock for an 04' 450r?

reptikes
09-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I ride trails, hill climbs, and some practice tracks (i like to jump). Now, i want more air but i already bottom out sometimes. I need a better shock for the rear. What would be a good shock to go with?

Thanks,
Mike

tltcracing
09-01-2007, 05:58 PM
you could just try adjusting you shock some but if that isnt enough then just get it revalved.

reptikes
09-01-2007, 09:07 PM
How do i adjust it? I see that there is a H (hard) and an S (soft), but i don't know if you turn the flat head screw looking thing or the whole bolt that it is set in. A picture would be nice. ANYBODY?

Thanks,
Mike

exrider44
09-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Try getting it revalved it makes a difference for riding. Not sure about jumping though

09-02-2007, 09:18 AM
alright heres my opinion on this. I rode my brother quad with the Works rear shock only cost him $535 or something and it is amazing! Soaks up everything and feels like your floating over the whoops. Now I made a thread once before stating how good I thought it was compared to stock and how its completely a night and day difference. Then someone brought up getting the stock shock revalved and resprung... they said it would be just as good if not better than the aftermarket but somehow I cant see that being true. The Works rarely bottoms out even when jumping onto flat ground having no landing ramp and soaks up all the bumps and whoops. Plus its super easy to adjust compared to stock. My opinion is go aftermarket, if stock had the potential to be better than aftermarket then why wouldn't every racer have stock?