PDA

View Full Version : 400ex rear brake pad issue

Helix
09-01-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm changing the rear brake pads on my 400. I'm replacing the stock pads with EBC's. Which seem to be much thicker then the stock pads were originally, which causes a problem. I have the caliper cylinder all the way back. There is plenty off room for the rotor to go between the pads. But the the bracket that holds the caliper in place is in the way of the rotor fitting between the pads. It needs to move back. There is a 6mm allen head bolt which holds the bracket to the caliper. I have tried to turn the allen headed bolt several times and can't get it to move at all. I'm affraid if I continue I'm going to strip the allen head in the bolt! Anybody help me please?

Thanks

Helix
09-01-2007, 06:45 PM
I found out that the caliper works on a floating type system. The allen headed pin was siezed due to heat I assume. But after some lubricating, turning, beating, banging, and cusing I finally managed to get it free. Cleaned it up and put everything back in place and bleed the brake system. The new EBC brake pads seem to be working fine.

09-04-2007, 01:59 PM
yeah my EBC for the rear on my 400ex should be here sometime this week. They are good