PDA

View Full Version : 400ex vibration noise . . help- asap

400exrida06
09-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Ok well i did a winter tare down and did an engine rebuild this winter painted everything on the quad. . its been back together for a while now and iv rode it a fair bit and just the other night when i was riding home i noticed this vibrating noise, it sounds like its coming from the engine but you only really notice it when you give it gas, when its in neutral and you give it gas you notice it a bit but when its in gear and you give it gas its really noticeable and i have no idea what could be the problem now so any help would be appreciated because if i cant get it solved im gunna have to take it to the dealership and get ripped off... thanks

04blasterkid
09-01-2007, 01:38 PM
idk klay_199 or w/e has ac nerfs and they make a really bad vibrating noise when u rev it, check ur nerfs if u have any, or random object that go metal on matal, mostlikly somthing is loose and when u gun it it rattles really fast

Kaleigh
09-01-2007, 01:57 PM
I get a vibration noise from my exhaust springs on the headpipe..

could be anthing really.. doubt its the motor itself.. something must have just came loose.. take a look over everything like blasterkid said.. scoops, pegs, exhuast mount and brackets, etc.. either that or rev it while sitting there and try to find where it comes from..

the Z Man
09-01-2007, 04:19 PM
See if the exhaust is hitting the frame..

hornetgod13
09-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Somethings loose. Start with the motor mounts and look elsewhere if needed.

REDRIDDER
09-01-2007, 06:31 PM
my skid plate makes a noise like you described sometimes when the clamps get loose..