PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice on some new cd's...

QuadJunkies
10-29-2002, 12:02 PM
Ok its time to update my music, I have all the Huevos movies and love ALL the music,but out of all the songs on the movies,can some of you tell me which are the best cd's to buy?? I dont want to buy a cd for one song.. thanks...Tina;)

QuadJunkies
10-29-2002, 03:51 PM
bump:(

own2424
10-29-2002, 04:10 PM
Renegade by Styles P....;)

Pappy
10-29-2002, 04:20 PM
SX-10 has like 4 songs on heuvos 3 and 4...some angry p!ssed of people .....but the rock!! and ofcourse.....get hybrid theory ...from linkin park....they were on heuvos 3.

time to lay down the styx album uh?:devil :blah

Nausty
10-29-2002, 04:26 PM
speaking of music, I found a couple good groups one is called in flames and right now I really like the song "clayman" and then killswitch engage. Like with a lot of metal songs tho I didn't like either at first until I heard enough times to make out the words and to where I could hear a lot of the background music. I really like the in flames one.

tants
10-29-2002, 04:41 PM
killswitch engaged "my last serenade"
BEST SONG EVER

Nausty
10-29-2002, 04:45 PM
lol yah I was gonna say that, that song is sofa king awsome.

Did you download that in flames sonG?

tants
10-29-2002, 05:33 PM
sofaking, get outta here!

its lazyboy awesome

tants
10-29-2002, 05:41 PM
the "new" nirvana is coming out, which is bascally all old stuff, anyways it should be good... its just like a greatest hits

Bean
10-29-2002, 05:43 PM
nirvana - nevermind
slipknot - any
stonesour - whatever its called
hed (pe) - broke
tool - any of em
spineshank - height of callousness
marilyn manson - any
Ill Nino - whatever it is
robzombie
static X
some NIN

tants
10-29-2002, 05:48 PM
i personally think stonesour is a big joke...

bakerboyz
10-29-2002, 05:50 PM
Listen to Dragpipe. They are a new band on a big name lable (interscope) Opening for bands like korn.

You can see their video of "simple Minded" at http://www.dragpipe.com/news.html

They have a song on the NHL 2k3 video game.

DantheEXman
10-29-2002, 05:56 PM
Pantera:devil

Nausty
10-29-2002, 10:13 PM
so has anyone else downloaded those songs? huh? they're pretty good songs.

QuadJunkies
10-29-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by 400ex127
SX-10 has like 4 songs on heuvos 3 and 4...some angry p!ssed of people .....but the rock!! and ofcourse.....get hybrid theory ...from linkin park....they were on heuvos 3.

time to lay down the styx album uh?:devil :blah NO WAY!! :D STYX will always be one of my old time favorites,that was one of my very first concerts:) I just like to listen to a variety of stuff.

trueblue450
10-30-2002, 07:31 AM
Ill Nino - revolution
Spineshank - Height of Callousness
Stone Sour

The first two are in Huevos 4 and the whole CD's are awsome

QuadJunkies
10-30-2002, 08:54 AM
Ok, I went and bought slipknot both cds, but I thought alot of it was a little harder than I like ..I love Staticx, can you tell me if the newest slipknoy is better or worse than the first cd before I open it, I may exchange it for Ill Nino.I already have Tool,Marilyn manson,Rob Zombie, Disturbed,linkin park

QuadJunkies
10-30-2002, 08:56 AM
BTW~~ How is mudvein?( I know I spelled that wrong) I bought it too last night... also bought primer 55 the newest one...

Roobus1
10-30-2002, 01:43 PM
The band I'm in "Bystander" is putting out a cd. It should be done in about 3 weeks. If you go to our website, "www.bystandermusic.com" and signup for the mailing list, I will send one to you. The site is under construction, so the downloads section doesn't work yet. Our sound is Hard Rock. Some songs are mellow, others are pretty heavy.

Some other cd's to get are:
Chevelle
Deftones
Disturbed

thanks.
roobus

nakomis0
10-30-2002, 02:43 PM
WHo buys CDs anymore? Download a bunch of songs off Kazaa and burn your own cds. I have maybe bought 1 cd in the last 3 yrs.:)

Bean
10-30-2002, 02:56 PM
i liked Iowa better than Slipknot, but its up to u

QuadJunkies
10-30-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by nakomis0
WHo buys CDs anymore? Download a bunch of songs off Kazaa and burn your own cds. I have maybe bought 1 cd in the last 3 yrs.:) Ive tried to download more than once, and I cant get it to work:(

QuadJunkies
10-30-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Roobus1
The band I'm in "Bystander" is putting out a cd. It should be done in about 3 weeks. If you go to our website, "www.bystandermusic.com" and signup for the mailing list, I will send one to you. The site is under construction, so the downloads section doesn't work yet. Our sound is Hard Rock. Some songs are mellow, others are pretty heavy.

Some other cd's to get are:
Chevelle
Deftones
Disturbed

thanks.
roobus Thanks...;) Ill check it out...:)

Giz400ex
10-30-2002, 05:16 PM
Mudvayne is pretty good!!!! Bakerboyz, when did Dragpipe open for Korn???

own2424
10-30-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Ive tried to download more than once, and I cant get it to work:( ITS EASY!!!!!! Once you get the hang of it, youll never buy another cd again! try using KAZAA or WINMX...They are great! Good Luck! :D

bakerboyz
10-30-2002, 05:44 PM
from what I remember Dragpipe played with Korn at one of those multi-band gigs and are talking with them now about a future tour.

I saw dragpipe at CBGB's and the Saint (Asbury Pk). They put on Quite a show.

most of their songs are on kazaa

www.dragpipe.com

bandit390
10-30-2002, 06:07 PM
Take back slipknots 2nd cd it is horrible.

flaneledholes
10-30-2002, 06:17 PM
Do me a favor... Go out and buy a Snoop CD... You will not be dissapointed! I have listened to all of the huevos songs and even have a few CD's of Rock... Just remember ( I made this up to:D ) To love one, you must appreciate all...

spincr4hire
10-31-2002, 05:39 AM
Quadjunkies,
Slipknot is an acquired taste, it will grow on you I promise. I know you said you liked Static X, Wisconsin Death Trip was great, but Machine wasn't that great IMO. Fear Factory sounds a bit like Static X.
I picked up the new Taproot (Welcome), its pretty good, not that heavy.
Also check out Hed p.e. (Broke), its been out for a while but its a great disc, especially if you like the rap/metal stuff.

QuadJunkies
10-31-2002, 05:52 AM
Thanks for all your suggestions,I will go buy a few of them this week..;)

10-31-2002, 05:22 PM
Anything by Pantera, Slayer, or any old Metallica. Or maybe Disturbed, and any AC/DC album is good. Right now I am listening to Cemetary Gates by Pantera from their Cowboys From **** album. Just stay away from the rap.......it's retarded.

Live2Ride300
01-03-2003, 07:34 PM
the new mudvayne cd

flyin#5
01-03-2003, 07:51 PM
ahhhhhh....... kind of old post but the new mudvayne cd is sweet. i also got the new soad, saliva, and audioslave cds and there all sweet.

Porkchop
01-03-2003, 09:25 PM
all the old stuff.. AC/DC, Metallica, Steve Miller Band, Ozzy Osborne, Skid Row, Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, Slayer, Megadeath, Montley Crue, then some of the new stuff like Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Godsmack, Beastie Boys, Papa Roach

thats just some.....

Roobus1
01-03-2003, 09:33 PM
www.bystandermusic.com

brokeitin3
01-03-2003, 09:38 PM
"Todays music just aint got the same soul, thats why I like that ole time rock & roll!!!!!:cool:

QuadJunkies
01-04-2003, 12:06 AM
I like the new and the old.. I bought Saliva,Ill nino(I love that one)system of a down,primer 55,MudVayne and Disturbed for my newst CD's.. But I still love my old stuff too...;)

bansheeguy77
01-04-2003, 08:41 AM
u know it quadjunkies those cds all rock....and ill nino is 1 of the best cds ever.

zephead400ex
01-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Get some ****ing Zeppelin! Man, I came into this post too late!

Ill Nino
Fear Factory
Blind the Fold <- check these guys out!!! Fuel the Fire
Soulfly
Soil
Hatebreed
30 Seconds to Mars
Earth Crisis

nacs400ex
01-04-2003, 03:48 PM
hey QJ do you like punk music, if so I can give you a few good bands ?

Craig

MeatHead
01-04-2003, 03:56 PM
To all you BAST ARDS that said to download the music and never buy it, why don't you grow some bawlz and just go steal it the proper way. You are nothing more than a thief. I OWN ever CD I have. If I don't buy the CD I don't listen to the music. You are the reason that record sales are at the lowest point in 10 years, and costs are increasing so much.

beerock
01-04-2003, 04:39 PM
:huh the internet has actually boosted sales regardless of the "stealing"

quadjunkies you ever listen to fuel?

there pretty good, I use to watch them play live in my summer stomping grounds on LBI.

anyone ever hear of the band Dope?

they have a song in the fast and the furious but not on the soundtrack.(during the raid)

I did there first demo ..:cool:

MeatHead
01-04-2003, 05:17 PM
beerock posted the internet has actually boosted sales regardless of the "stealing"

That is a myth. They just had a special on npr the other day, and they said that records sales are at the same level that they were at in 1990. They have been declining ever since services like Napster and kazaa came into being. They do not expect sales to decline much more, but they also do not expect them to recover.

But beside all that. Why is it that people get so bent out of shape when someone steals their quad but find it perfectly exceptable to rip off software and music? I will use a scene from Office Space to illustrate, changing "money" with "music".

"You going to get alot of music right?"

"Yeah."

"And it not yours?"

"Well, it becomes ours."

"How is that not steeling?"

"Maybe I'm not explaining this right."

Glow Plug
01-04-2003, 05:23 PM
I used to download a ton it think i have like 110 song in like a month with dial up lol but then my dad deleted kazza and now i have to eather wate a month or two to get a cd offf my frined or go out and buy cd's i think i'll keep on buying

EricB
01-04-2003, 11:04 PM
judgein by your 'old' taste of music i'd say you would like tool albumn aenima, chevelle , alice in chains jar of flies or pretty much anything, maybe some sound garden a sides (greatest hits), nirvana anything, at the drive in anything, maybe primus brown albumn but prooly not les claypool is one of the best bassist of all time but his voice is differnt most people don't like it, rage against the machine self titled albumn, damn hehe i don't have all of my stuff in front of me so i'm forgeting A lOT of stuff. but check out some of that stuff, i know some of it you've prooly heared but check it out man. good stuff there, most of it is 'mainstream' so it's not to hardcore or off the wall or anything.

TC17
01-04-2003, 11:13 PM
i pmed ben about selling my bands CD on here and giving him 1/3rd profit. i hope it works but i'm not getting my hopes up. i hope i can sell it on here. to help ben keep the sites bills down. like a fundraiser. the music type we play is rock, alternative, metal. like chevelle, papa roach, puddle of mud. maybe that'll get some fresh music in some of your heads. in a few weeks when we get our best hit recorded, i'm going to upload it to my computer and put it on Kazaa. then that'll be a sample for people to listen to before they buy the CD.

EricB
01-04-2003, 11:20 PM
definatly dude, let me know! if your original sounding i'm sure i'll like it. even if i DL all the mp3s and like it i'll get a CD just to support you man.

QuadJunkies
01-05-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by beerock
:huh the internet has actually boosted sales regardless of the "stealing"

quadjunkies you ever listen to fuel?

there pretty good, I use to watch them play live in my summer stomping grounds on LBI.

anyone ever hear of the band Dope?

they have a song in the fast and the furious but not on the soundtrack.(during the raid)

I did there first demo ..:cool: Beerock~~hhmm... I know I ve heard of them, I just cant picture the music they play...:confused: what kind of music is it?:) HONDA300RIDER~~ You know.. I used to listen to punk music ALOT. I dunno why I qiut, yeah shoot me a few groups:blah I basically like all music. EXCEPT COUNTRY!!!!:p

nacs400ex
01-05-2003, 11:05 AM
QuadJunkies you should check out, Pennywise, Anti-Flag, Rancid. or you could just buy like a Punk-O-Rama CD from Epitaph Records and it would have various artists. That way you could see which bands you like ??

Craig

QuadJunkies
01-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Honda300Rider
QuadJunkies you should check out, Pennywise, Anti-Flag, Rancid. or you could just buy like a Punk-O-Rama CD from Epitaph Records and it would have various artists. That way you could see which bands you like ??

Craig OK.... I think ill give the sampler CD a try:D maybe Ill try to find some sampler music on line too...;)

TC17
01-05-2003, 02:59 PM
yep. it worked. in early Feb the CD is going to be sold as i said in my other thread. that'll give you guys some good fresh music.

FceFed94Z28
01-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Coheed and Cambria is a awesome band with their own sound. Download "everything evil" and "delrium trigger" and any other songs. If you have a subwoofer, it just adds the craziness.

QuadTrix6
01-05-2003, 04:09 PM
you need 40 BELOW SUMMER great band

Evan
01-10-2003, 02:13 AM
Heres some songs that I just made for my "ride cd"System Of A Down - Toxicity.mp3
System of a Down - Snowblind.mp3
Slipknot - Wait and Bleed.mp3
SlipKnot - Spit It Out.mp3
Slip Knot - **** This World.mp3
Rob Zombie - Dragula.mp3
Rammstein - Sonne.mp3
Rammstein - Feuer Frei.mp3
Rammstein - Du Hast.mp3
Primer 55 - This Life.mp3
Our Lady Peace - Innocent.mp3
nappy roots - Awnaw (Rock remix, POD).mp3
Mudvayne - Dig.mp3