PDA

View Full Version : Typoon or DRR??

rh250r
09-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Don't know much about either one of these. Which would you buy, suggestions please.

mxslevnik69
09-01-2007, 02:28 PM
I like both but I would choose a typhoon. All it really goes down to is if you want to shift or not.

hotquads1
09-01-2007, 03:15 PM
weigh your options and see what fits your child best, if you are not going to race either will do ,but for racing the DRX has more benefits.IMO. shifter vs automatic
4-stroke vs 2-stroke
yard riding vs racing
DRR has a longer proven track record and more available upgrades and mods .
I have seen the typhoon 125 and a DRX 70 race heads up , both stock very close in performance.
marc

bulldogfallon
09-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Can you provide more information about your rider, type of riding and future plans.

This will help us provide input that will make sense for you.

DRR service is second to none...

I thought Extreme was done? Going out of business? There are a bunch of Chinese Typhoon copies on the market now (buyer beware)

We have about 75-100 mini riders on quad night and we have 0 Typhoons present...

Every rider in the 50 and 70 class in on a DRR mini.

Even the Apex class we have, is now over 50% DRR...Guess a name change is in order?

Typhoons look nice, but I think you will find more classes that the DRR will be able to ride in.

You may want to check to see if Extreme is staying in business....I thought I heard that they were exiting the industry or sold it to someone else????(I could be wrong though)

rh250r
09-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks everyone.

My son will be mostly riding just for fun not competitively.

I've have not heard anything about xtreme going out of business, but I will check into that.

bulldogfallon - Are there any drr dealers close to Miami where I can take a look at one?

bulldogfallon
09-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Yes....You can meet me in person if you want..

With us being so close I defiantely think DRR is the way to go :)

I live in West Palm Beach, but work in Sunrise....

When did you want to get together?

mxslevnik69
09-02-2007, 05:38 PM
xtreme is not going out of business

bulldogfallon
09-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Were they sold?

This is info I have heard from people inside the industry...

Their Typhoon is being copied by every China brand

Not good news for them either way...

It is ashame that things like that can happen....

God'sGirl.MQ.20
09-03-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure if they competely sold out or if someone is backing them. The new company is from up North. All the ops seem to be the same and still based in Arkansas. We haven't had any problems.

We have a two Xtreme's and love them. Our daughter is about to wrap up another series win. This will be her 4th in a year. If she was younger , we would consider a DRR. At this point she wouldn't give up shifting for anything. If you're just tooling around then I would say go with a DRR. Really, it's like what someone said above, ya have to see what is a better fit for your child. But make sure you purchase an authentic Xteme not one these cheap knock offs.