PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil-for tranny

hookedonpain
09-01-2007, 05:54 AM
We have used Amsoil 75w-90(svg) severe gear synthetic extreme pressure lubricants in the tranny of our Apex 90.We noticed a significant temp. drop in the fluid itself from some of the previous brands we were using.I am not saying this is going to save any trannys,but the lubricating qualitiesand heat dissipation this provides can`t hurt.Contact kcmarland4oil.com and he can be of great assistance with this product.

Full Throttle00
09-12-2007, 11:08 PM
If you like that stuff, try the Amsoil Marine Gear Lube.
This is actually better, if water makes it way into the case, it will help protect it more and not sludge up as easily.
Not to mention it doesn't have that funny smell like the Severe Gear.

RAWDAWG635
12-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Amsoil makes some of the best products we have ever used. The Dominator 2-stroke oil is awsome for pre mix. The interceptor 2-stroke oil is perfect for oil injected and pre-mix awsome for powervalved engines too. Just wished it smelled like Klotz.

wvspeedfreak
12-26-2007, 05:24 PM
We have always run the Amsoil severe gear in our transmissions and Interceptor for pre mix.We have been extrememy happy with Amsoil products.

RAWDAWG635
12-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey wvspeedfreak, i'm the one that bought the trx90 from Rob. Thats one of the cleanest quads i've ever bought. He took real good care of that thing.

wvspeedfreak
12-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Cleanest used quad you will ever see.He fixed it all up and his kid only rode it once or twice I think.What are your plans for it?

RAWDAWG635
12-26-2007, 05:58 PM
My youngest boy is moving up from the 70 class. He loves the trx, I'm gonna get wider a-arms, axle. Gonna send the motor to Ic racing next month. Gonna get Rob to do some powder coating for me too.

wvspeedfreak
12-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Sounds good.Post up some pics when you get it done.

RAWDAWG635
12-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Ok, will do If I can get them shrunk down enough. I have a hard time getting them on here, most of them I can only get to 163000 bytes and it will only accept 150000.

FASTDAD-77
12-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by RAWDAWG635
Amsoil makes some of the best products we have ever used. The Dominator 2-stroke oil is awsome for pre mix. The interceptor 2-stroke oil is perfect for oil injected and pre-mix awsome for powervalved engines too. Just wished it smelled like Klotz.
Hey Rawdawg, You can make fuel smell just about anyway you want. I use fuel scents in Drew's because it don't kill everybody in the house when we start up the bikes in the garage. The smell of VP and Sonoco gives me a big fat headache!!! You probably smelled grape in our's at the track last year. We got it from Manhattan oils. There are several places that sell several different scents including the Klotz scent. Just don't get any of it on ya, cause it takes a while to get the scent off of ya.

RAWDAWG635
12-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Fastdad, Yea I remember the grape smell, I cant beleive you dont like that race gas smell. I love it. Maybe I can find some that smells like a woman.

FASTDAD-77
12-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Rawdawg, I can probably hook you up. My wife has got some type of perfume I would love to see go through somebody's combustion chamber. For what they pay for it, there would have to at least 3 to 4% increase in horse power!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we should get a patent on it and start a fuel co.
Chanel Ultimate 110 leaded
Eternity GT104 oxigenated

Women racing is a growing sport!