PDA

View Full Version : Front end!!

Jimford
09-01-2007, 05:30 AM
Hey guys I have a 1999 400ex and the front end is all over the place on the trails. Actually everywhere. Even when I'm on the street. I fix my quad myself, always have. Just wondering what I should adjust or fix. Balljoints, tie-rods, toe-in? My tires are those stupid bandit tires, the profile is flat. I thought maybe they where the problem. Not letting my take a straight line because of all the surface they touch. I dont know. I appreciate any help guys. Oh and I just bought a house so I cant just rebuild the whole front end!! Thanks!!

gcart2
09-01-2007, 05:32 AM
congratz for the house

zrpilot
09-01-2007, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Jimford
Hey guys I have a 1999 400ex and the front end is all over the place on the trails. Actually everywhere. Even when I'm on the street. I fix my quad myself, always have. Just wondering what I should adjust or fix. Balljoints, tie-rods, toe-in? My tires are those stupid bandit tires, the profile is flat. I thought maybe they where the problem. Not letting my take a straight line because of all the surface they touch. I dont know. I appreciate any help guys. Oh and I just bought a house so I cant just rebuild the whole front end!! Thanks!!

I could be alot of things. I would look to two major areas.
1) Toe- if your running ANY amount of toe out, you will hate riding any quad. IT will feel just like you described.
2) Tires and wheels. Ask a buddy if he will let you borrow another set of wheels and tires to try. Even tires and wheels from another brand and or model of quad might work.

IMO that where i'd start.