PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter part number

asjr39
08-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know the part number for the Fuel Filter?

Bkillerp
10-23-2007, 10:20 PM
According to Suzukipowersports.com the number is 44331-45G00. They want just over 30 bucks plus shipping for the crappy thing too. I don't know if you've ever replaced the fuel filter on an LT-R450 before, but it's stupid. First, you have to pull the front plastics, then you have to pull the tank so you can get to the "swirl tank" which is mounted under the main tank. Then you have to pull out 12 or so screws from the "swirl tank" that strip easy if you're not careful, so you can pull the thing apart, so you can pull the filter out just to put it all back together again. It's a lot of work to replace a filter that doesn't last more then a season or so. Well, at least in Arizona that's the case.

I recommend you do what I and a couple of my riding buddies did to our LTRs so you only have to pull the tank and "swirl tank" once to change the filter. What we did is pull the stock fuel filter out and threw it in the nearest trash can. Then we put the LTR back together without a fuel filter. Next we cut the hose that leads from the fuel shut off to the fuel pump and spliced in a $10.00 in-line fuel filter we got from Checker Auto Parts with 2 small hose clamps. We mounted it close to the fuel tank in between the fuel shut off and that first little metal bracket the supports the stocl hose clamp. Then all you have to do is zip tie the hose back that small bracket. [NOTE: My fuel filter is NOT rated for fuel injected motors, but it has not been a problem at all seeing as the LTR has a 1 cylinder motor and now gets better fuel flow with the aftermarket filter then it did with the stock filter. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it at all. The filter is designed for a V8.]

The filter I bought has replaceable inner screens and is clear. Now I can actually see how dirty the filter and fuel gets just by looking at it. To pull and replace it, all I have to do is shut the fuel off and loosen 2 hose clamps. That's it. It takes two minutes and works GREAT too! Just my suggestion to any LT-R450 owner who hates to pull half the bike apart to change the fuel filter.

jherbie28
10-24-2007, 02:46 PM
awsome:D ill have to look into that

jayman
10-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Also when you throw away the old filter in the swirl tank take a small rubber hose (like 3/8' long) and put it over the pick up on the swirl tank. This way it still picks up fuel from the bottom of the bowl. This ensures that the bowl never runs out of fuel.

Bkillerp
10-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Good call! I forgot to mention that.