PDA

View Full Version : What to Buy???

rh250r
08-31-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm thinking about switching my 8 year old from his dirt bike to a quad, we ride mostly mx. Any suggestions on what to buy.
I would like to spend about $2000 - $2500.

wvspeedfreak
08-31-2007, 08:44 PM
I'd look at the DRR's.Most bang for the buck in my opinion.

hotquads1
09-01-2007, 05:17 AM
DRX watercooled 90cc would serve you well and he would not out grow it for several years. fits in your budget and it is very fast.
marc

etondaddy
09-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by rh250r
I'm thinking about switching my 8 year old from his dirt bike to a quad, we ride mostly mx. Any suggestions on what to buy.
I would like to spend about $2000 - $2500.

I'll sell yeah this for three grand I got at least twice that much in it. The promblem is the DRR's have drove the resale value of one's like ours that are build from true stock machines down, but thats cool, I wish they were out five years ago when we started lol lol If I had to do It today I would go with the DRR. But I believe that Kyle's is worth at least three grand. The pics are from before the race season started and the plastics don't still look that good !!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/New_Graphics009.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/New_Graphics006.jpg

wvspeedfreak
09-01-2007, 09:18 AM
That quad is definately worth 3 bills Mike.One of the nicest etons I have ever seen.

bulldogfallon
09-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I think the DRRs offer great value and performance....Also good after sales support...Lot's of features in stock form too...

I have heard that Etondaddy's quad/rider is super fast....so his quad would be a good choice too...

I am sure he will support you after the sale as well...All of us parents have it on our blood and will always extend help when needed....

Service after the sale is a huge factor when it comes to racing...cause believe me there will be issues and plenty of questions that need to be answered...

This is a great forum to get answers no matter what the brand...

STOCKRACING917
09-02-2007, 08:55 AM
We saw that Eton with our own eyes people..It can move it ooonnn!!!

humboldt hills
09-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by etondaddy
I'll sell yeah this for three grand I got at least twice that much in it. The promblem is the DRR's have drove the resale value of one's like ours that are build from true stock machines down, but thats cool, I wish they were out five years ago when we started lol lol If I had to do It today I would go with the DRR. But I believe that Kyle's is worth at least three grand. The pics are from before the race season started and the plastics don't still look that good !!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/New_Graphics009.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/New_Graphics006.jpg

I am with you.
I had over $4500 invested in a eton similar to that one that I sold for 2 bills. It hurt my pride and my wallet. Bought a 2007 DRR for $2000 and knocked 20 seconds of the boys lap times at our track.

etondaddy
09-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I tell you what I'll put this E-Ton/Rider up against any DRR and we'll see what happens LOL

This is from High Point National this year

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/Results.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/laptimes1.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/Laptimes.jpg

Maxxis96
09-07-2007, 02:23 PM
There is only one DRR rider in that bunch and SHE'S 9...............

It was only a 78cc at the time also.......

Id go with a DRX......

tireman43
09-07-2007, 02:38 PM
You've already read it...but the DRR/DRX is the best quad for the $. Their customer service is the best as far as mini's go also.

etondaddy
09-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by STOCKRACING917
We saw that Eton with our own eyes people..It can move it ooonnn!!!
Thank you............. thank you very much

Nichols Atvs
09-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Someone will be proud to own that machine ! Does the rider go with the price or is that extra? Good buy for the price you got on it good luck .

Maxxis96
09-07-2007, 03:06 PM
DRX W/ PEP'S

Maxxis96
09-07-2007, 03:07 PM
DRX W/ PEP'S

etondaddy
09-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Maxxis96
There is only one DRR rider in that bunch and SHE'S 9...............

It was only a 78cc at the time also.......

Id go with a DRX......
Come on man that’s not the point I was trying to make it has nothing to do with Shelby or her quad. They say (who ever they are) it 80% rider and 20% quad!!!! Kyle had some dam good laps times at High Point, that’s the point I was trying to make!!!!

And I'll tell you like I told Steve will you just make it a 90 already we're all tired of herein that lol well he did thank god that’s over lol

Like I said before if I had to do it all over again I would buy a DRR it's the same dam motor............ even at $2,500 new for a DRR Kyle's is still worth 3 bills there's still things on Kyle's that are not on a new DRR.

etondaddy
09-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Nichols Atvs
Someone will be proud to own that machine ! Does the rider go with the price or is that extra? Good buy for the price you got on it good luck .
If you what Kyle that will be a 30 pack lol just kidding I hope my wife don't see that one

All kidding aside Thanks.........

Maxxis96
09-07-2007, 03:40 PM
They must have changed where they started lap times at High Point cause there is a drastic difference between lap 1 and the rest ..........

etondaddy
09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Lap one includes the holeshot.............

bulldogfallon
09-07-2007, 06:31 PM
I have heard from good source that Eton daddy's quad is fast....

wvspeedfreak
09-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Etondaddy's son Kyle is fast..........the Eton is quick too :cool:

wvspeedfreak
09-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Maxxis96 here is a pic for you from Highpoint.

mxdad423
09-07-2007, 08:32 PM
I can tell you Kyle's Eton if very fast and I know what Etondaddy has in it about the same I have in my son's Kasea, almost 9000.00 he is just like me he only buys the best of everything. You can say what you want about the DRX but I wouldn't trade my Kasea 90 or my eton 70 for nothing. 4 years of racing and neither one of them have really never let me down. I not saying that the DRX isn't a good buy but you can win with the eton and the kasea's all day long, Kyle proves that every week. I can tell you from experience that it's not the machine that wins it's the rider my son is only 9 and his Kasea 90 runs just as good as Kyles but Kyle beats him every week because he is a better rider with more age and more experience basically like I said he's a better rider and myself and etondaddy have everything the same. If you want a good machine from somebody that will help you out anytime you need it buy Kyle's eton you won't regret it and for what he is asking for it (I think he fell and bumped his head buy the way) you can't go wrong.........

mxdad423
09-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh yea and by the way my son's Eton 70 is for sale also, he is only racing the 90 now so we are going to sell the 70 and buy or build a 90 modified so he can start learning to shift and clutch. These pics are exactly what it looks like, it is in the same condition the only differance is that it now has a DC Mortorsports round housing swing arm on it now, if anybody is interested I can take some new pics with the new swing arm just let me know. This is probably one of the fastest 70's out there it runs great and I maintain my machines very well anybody that knows me can verify that....

mxdad423
09-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Pic 2.

mxdad423
09-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Pic 3.

etondaddy
09-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Maxxis96 here is a pic for you from Highpoint.
Thats a cool pic... I'd take that one to Wal-Mart and get a print

Steven623
09-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Hi Maxxis 96 , how do you like the Pep shocks, and are you still using original a-arms etc..? Thanks

Maxxis96
09-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Everyone knows that Etondaddy's quad runs good with that VPS motor in it.... And yes his kid is very fast.....But when you Rip on DRR's then post lap times with only one DRR in the field....Just not fair to certain people......

Yes the PEP's are the best shocks out there......Yes stock A-arms
I have fox on my LTR and wish I had PEP's.....

etondaddy
09-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Everyone knows that Etondaddy's quad runs good with that VPS motor in it.... And yes his kid is very fast.....But when you Rip on DRR's then post lap times with only one DRR in the field....Just not fair to certain people

For one thing Justin I never ripped on DRR's in this whole post if you read it I said..... if we were starting now.......... I would buy one .......... five years ago race ready quads at these prices were not available

Again the lap time post had nothing to do with Shelby or her DRR. I was just trying to show that with the right kid pushing the throttle the VPS E-Ton will move. I'm just trying to sell my quad so I can help pay for his TRX90 Honda for next year. And you can bet it will have a VPS motor in it..........

I'm not trying to be unfair to anyone if I was I apologize

Maxxis96
09-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Ill give you a six pack of Milwaukee's best light for it....haha

How much you asking?

etondaddy
09-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Ill give you a six pack of Milwaukee's best light for it....haha

How much you asking?
Make it a 30 pack and you got a deal………hahaha

I’d like to get three grand for it……….. you start adding it up …it’s there and more, you know what I mean

mxdad
09-08-2007, 03:08 PM
If you are planning on racing 3k for that Eton is a great price. If you do a little homework you will see that if you buy a new quad you will end up putting more than 3k into it to get it to compete. But if you are just trail riding I would look into a Honda TRX90.