PDA

View Full Version : JB/PEP setup.... What do you think?

xsr_racing28c
08-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Well I'm currently getting my plans together for my build for late winter 08. I've got the full motor done (DRG) which I havn't even gotten to use yet since I got it back in March ( My fault, I've been too busy with work :( )

Currently I have full JB/ PEP TT suspension because I had planned on running the Extreme Dirt Track Series which never ended up happening, so I'm going to use this setup on the ice all winter long and once the ice is starting to melt I'll be switching the quad back over to a full LT mx setup for doing supermoto and motocross.

Here is what I've got laying here and on order for the 08 build:

-JB + 2 3/8" Long Travel Arms (new)
-JB + 1.25" Swinger (new)
-New Style JB Linkage (new)
-JB +1 Stem (new)

On Order:
-PEP PB-1 ARC shocks (new)
-PEP ARC ZPS Long Travel Rear shock ( 8 click ) (new)

I've also got some like new Custom Axis Titanium Piggybacks here that I was going to use but I've decided to run my dream shocks and go with the PEP... What do you guys think of this setup???

Thanks, Jay

FHKracingZ
08-31-2007, 12:49 PM
wow. $5,500 dropped in suspension. quite a bit of money.

hendershot106
08-31-2007, 01:13 PM
personally,, i run elkas and houser long travel---- BUTTTT---

i rode a friends quad 05 450r with full jb and PEP exactly as u described for mx--- and i was impreeeeeessed by the package and the quality of it--

xsr_racing28c
08-31-2007, 01:19 PM
You gotta do what you gotta do... You would be floored at the amount of suspension i've got laying around. I have been known on this site to experiment with plenty of setups... :devil:

Here goes: ( what i have right now in my shop)

TT Stuff:

(2) sets of PEP ARC Front TT shocks ($1700 ea set)
(2) PEP ARC Rear TT shocks ($1045 ea)
(1) set of JB TT arms ($765)
(1) JB -1 Chromoly Tubed TT swinger ($550)
(1) Walsh -1 TT swinger w/ Savior Link ($1400)

MX Stuff:
(1) set of JB LT arms ($850)
(1) JB Stem and Clamp ($350)
(1) JB mx Swinger ( $550)
(1) Janssen Outlaw II swinger ($600)
(1) Custom Axis Ti Piggys ($1995)

You do the math...haha... One day I'll be happy with just one setup, until then I'll be dumb with all of this stuff. I will be having a small suspension sale though soon :)

And I guess my front PEP Pb-1's are in tonite and I"m just waiting on the rear shock...

Any comments on the setup stated in the 1st post?

400exBro
08-31-2007, 06:37 PM
I used to run JB a arms with Walsh Savior swing arm setup with Elka shocks.
recently i bought a set of PEP PB1's and PEP lt rear shock, and let me tell you
DO NOT waste your money on elkas, they are terrible compared to peps.
I love my PEPs and will probably only run PEPs from now on.

I have still yet to try the Fox Floats, but we will be getting a set this winter for the Suzuki to try out. Have heard some good things about the Fox shocks.

but you cannot go wrong with JB and PEP; highly recommended.

MX450
08-31-2007, 08:47 PM
i love my jb/pep, although i dont have the pb1s

JessetheKid
09-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by hendershot106
personally,, i run elkas and houser long travel---- BUTTTT---

jb and pep's are far superior to an elka houser set up...definatally recomend the pep's they are great i have them on my bike and love them. Id never run anything else

4bidden
09-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm currently running a JB/Ti Axis setup and love the shocks, but I'm disappointed in the arms not having caster adjustment. I'll be switching to a different a-arm next year.

http://www.atvdistrict.com/images/users/newlook2%20022.jpg

Ex_Rider43
09-01-2007, 09:26 PM
you can get the JB's with adjustable caster now for 75$ more and I agree , the pep's are maybe the best shocks out there with fox.

fandl450r
09-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Can't go wrong with Ti Axis / JB Racing. I had a set of just ARC 8 click fronts on my bike for a very short time, and wasn't overly impressed with them, they were a little soft to my liking. But regardless PEP/Axis are the top manufacturers and you should just go with preference. Just remember there isn't a right or wrong answer. ;)

xsr_racing28c
09-05-2007, 07:51 AM
FandL450r:
I totally hear what your saying in that you really can't go wrong either way. Ever since last year when I went from Fox Evols to PEP ARC's I've fell in love with the feel and adjustability of the PEP's and thats kind of why I'm partial to those particular shocks.

The Custom Axis Ti piggy's are also a wonderful shock that I've used on my YFZ that I just sold. I have the CA piggy's still here and will be doing a little time on the Custom Axis and little time on the PEP PB-1's to differ between the two.

My PB-1's are being dropped off at my house tonite from Janssen so I'm pretty excited to get a better look at these shocks.

Here are my Custom Axis Ti Piggybacks I've got sitting in my office with me.. :devil:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/FourWerx/Ice06.jpg

fandl450r
09-05-2007, 08:17 AM
My cans are bigger! Yea I hear ya, but some seat time on both and see which ones you like more. Can't go wrong with either, you could even set one up for soft/loam tracks and the other for hardpack lol.

I'm jealous you got the PB-1's! They should be pretty nice. I cleaned my bike up last night and gotta throw some new oil in her today so I can ride this weekend. It's been almost 2 months since I've thrown a leg over her. Makes me sad :(

xsr_racing28c
09-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Thats actually a great idea to just set them up for different style tracks. I will most likely keep both just because to re-buy the Axis at a later point would cost another $2k and I'd rather just keep these.

I'm pumped for the Pb-1's. Ever since they came out I wanted to purchase a set but of course I was planning on running TT so there would be no point. Now that I'm switching back over to LT its pretty much necessary for me to get these shocks the first go around instead of making changes every week til I find what I like.

I know how you feel about not riding, its been 7 1/2 months since i've ridden, and that wasn't even my own machine. haha... I am really looking forward to riding again and its always a plus to start out again on a completely newly setup machine. :)

fandl450r
09-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Might as well you paid for them, so get some use out of them :P

xsr_racing28c
09-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Here are some pics of the PB-1's next to my Axis Piggys

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/FourWerx/Picture006.jpg

MX450
09-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Those are sexy:blah:

Dupontster
09-11-2007, 12:57 PM
WOW those are nice

xsr_racing28c
09-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys, I can't wait to see them on my quad. BTW: I hope my R turns out as nice as your's did Duponster!! You have a badass machine!

exrider49
09-11-2007, 02:15 PM
those are nice i hear that they soak up everything...are u gonna get the long travel jb racing link and swinger??? well post sum pics of your quad when u get everything on

400exrider707
09-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Honestly I dont think I've ever been more jealous of someone on this site..... you lucky SOB.

Nice stuff you got there!:cool:

yoshi470
09-11-2007, 06:52 PM
ahh the best shocks money can buy IMO...i got a chance to ride a set of PB1's and they were flat out amazing i though...i've got regular big bottle compression PEP's right now and think im going to get some PB1's this winter!!you will love them

Dupontster
09-12-2007, 05:37 AM
BTW: I hope my R turns out as nice as your's did Duponster!! You have a badass machine!

It will as long as you trade shocks

:blah:

Thanks!

Jersey450R
09-12-2007, 05:40 AM
what makes the PB1's different??

KingpinsEx
09-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Yea i was wondering the same thing, what are the PB-1's. Just ARC piggybacks? I guess im a little out of the loop, shocks look amazing though. Can't go wrong with that setup, when i build my mx bike that will be what's going on it. JB is manufactured locally, so i gotta support the quad scene. Prolly go with the regular PEP longtravels though to keep the cost down! Can't wait to hear a ride report and see some mounted pics though...