PDA

View Full Version : Post to mods

07250ex
08-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey guy's i realise why you moved my post about 400ex vs z400 shocks but the reason i placed it in the open forum was so it would be be viewed and posted on more because the steering and suspension section of the forums dont get much traffic and the open forum gets alot more people allowing more people to view and post on the topic ... all i have to say have a nice day/night

Ghost-Rider
08-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Not to sound like an arse, but theres an steering/suspension section for a reason.

250ex13
08-30-2007, 09:36 PM
you could have just PM'd them.

07250ex
08-30-2007, 09:48 PM
not really theres way to many mods and many that i dont know about besides my thread was intended to be in the open forum i know theres a steering/suspension forum the reason i put it in the open is because if i put it in the 400ex forum it would be biased as well as if i put it in the z400 forum and if i put it in steering/suspension it would get little views/posts

Ghost-Rider
08-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Well the rules are the rules, don't blame the mods.Their like cops, they don't always make the rules they just enforce them.

07250ex
08-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Well the rules are the rules, don't blame the mods.Their like cops, they don't always make the rules they just enforce them.

I see your reasoning but the open forum hence the name open is genrally open to any discussion of topic so i dont see it as a rule not to post the topic in there i mean im sure i could have posted the z400 vs 400ex topic in its corresponding threads but then it would become biased ... you following me at all?

Ghost-Rider
08-31-2007, 10:02 AM
It's open to anything that doesn't fall into the other categories....Do you see where i'm coming from ?

07250ex
08-31-2007, 10:13 AM
yup all im saying i would get more and better responses in the open forum

300exOH
08-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Why not just make a post in both 400 sections with a link to the other post to get both sides of the story? You should be able to sort through the info and make your own judgment. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who have owned both that can reply to both threads.

REDRIDDER
08-31-2007, 11:10 AM
07250ex your right this is an open forum and anything can go here that's why they call it open forum....hope you get your answer and yeah this is a more heavily traffic area.

TURBO-530R
08-31-2007, 11:27 AM
This is an open forum. The post could have been left here and it would not have hurt any thing.
I guess some people don’t have an open mind and don’t think things through before they judge your post

Ghost-Rider
08-31-2007, 12:27 PM
You guys are missing the point, the open forum is more for non quad related things, not your question about suspension, theres a suspension section for a reason.

JOEX
08-31-2007, 01:00 PM
From the main forum page....

Open Forum, off-topic posting allowed. If you have a specific question about your ATV please post it to the appropriate forum! Keep it clean!
If everyone posted everything in the open section there would be dozens of new pages every day to sift through. And your post will quickly get pushed to the 2 page and beyond. It may get alot of views and probably more replies but I bet you'll get alot more accurate replies & less BS replies when it's posted in the mechanical sections.

MOFO
08-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Rules are Rules and they are clearly defined as Joe pointed out - there is nothing to debate. :)

cbrooks118
08-31-2007, 01:21 PM
is it true that you pay a fee to become a moderator on this site>?

JOEX
08-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by cbrooks118
How much you got?

cbrooks118
08-31-2007, 01:29 PM
i am broke, i just got a new toy (06 YFZ), but i read that on yfzcentral, so it has to be true. Just like when i read on there that the earth was flat, evolution doesnt exist and, and we never landed on the moon!

07250ex
08-31-2007, 01:32 PM
If anything the mods would be payed for their duties

troyleepred719
08-31-2007, 03:14 PM
yeah its true, 300 bucks a month to be a moderator, and make the check payable to me and joe ;)....

and no its not true ;)

Ghost-Rider
08-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by cbrooks118

I hear you have to send topless pics.Ask QJ

;)

wilkin250r
08-31-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm just going to reiterate what the other mods said, just so you can hear it from mutliple sources, so it can sink in to anybody else that's thinking of posting the same...

We have tech sections for a reason.

I don't CARE if there are more people here, that doesn't mean the thread belongs here. Just like ForSale threads, THEY DON'T BELONG HERE!!!

Otherwise, this is going to be the only section on the site that anybody posts in, all the other sections would be useless. Plus, it would drive a lot of the more knowledgable people away, because they don't want to put up with the junk we allow in this section.

So we move it, to where it belongs.

By the way, the Fee to become a moderator gets paid to ALL moderators above you. That's why we don't have any new ones, we haven't found anybody that can afford it. :cool:

Cr85rRida
08-31-2007, 10:04 PM
I think ALL OF YOU need to re-read his 1st post.......he isint arguing or debating he is just explaining his actions....

if you would have done that instead of jumping on him about the issue there would be nothing to debate!!

he is aware they were wrong because clearly his post has been removed :eek:

Originally posted by 07250ex
yup all im saying i would get more and better responses in the open forum

thats all he is saying guys, thats all, it isint rocket science......rocket science isint even rocket science......

wilkin250r
08-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
I think ALL OF YOU need to re-read his 1st post.......he isint arguing or debating he is just explaining his actions....

We've been around this website for a while. We KNOW why he posted here. We're not stupid.

We are merely explaining ourselves, and our actions. And our posts aren't necessarily for him alone, they are for EVERYBODY that is thinking about posting in the wrong section.

A little "preventative maintenance", so to speak. ;)

Cr85rRida
08-31-2007, 10:35 PM
yeah, but its only a matter of time before this thread dies and we are once again in the same perdicament(sp).

o well.......it aint my job:p

my88r
08-31-2007, 10:47 PM
seems to me most of the mods know each other. i have talked to Harlan about this and he also told me there hasn't been any new mods in a while.

QuadJunkies
09-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by my88r
seems to me most of the mods know each other. i have talked to Harlan about this and he also told me there hasn't been any new mods in a while.
and we have a good staff of mods so theres no reason to add more at this time .
I agree 100% with what all the mods have said as well,they pretty much summed it up.

Regardless of what he explained, he now knows why it was moved.

Point taken ... lets move on.

Ghost-Rider
09-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

Point taken ... lets move on.

I second this notion.