PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions on a Grand Cherokee Laredo?

mephyst
08-30-2007, 07:13 PM
I came by a good deal on a 99' that I don't think I will be able to pass up. I am going to make up my mind in the next day and probably going to buy it regardless, but does anyone know if it is possible to black out the gray side panels? Has anyone does this or have any info about it?

Also, does anyone know any general prices on getting a set of rims blacked out?

Thanks!

x.system
08-31-2007, 08:56 AM
SEM makes a great trim black, expensive ($7-$10 per can) but worth the money. Its a semi gloss black meant for outside trim on cars/trucks. It covers quick and lays out nice so a do it yourselfer should have no problems with it. It comes in rattle can and would probably take you 1-2 cans to do your grey. You can find it at any auto paint supply jobber.

You can also clear over this stuff if you wanted a shine but I think the grey panels you are talking about have a texture to them? It won't look good shiney unless the panels are smoothed out first but they would look good with just the trim black applied.

I would go with powdercoat on the wheels if you want them to hold up, paint/clear just doesn't last on wheels. A couple years and they would need to be redone.

I've had 2 grand cherokee's, and will probably buy another one, both of mine were good to about 180,000 miles.