PDA

View Full Version : Big Table Top

brazilian rider
10-29-2002, 06:50 AM
Hey I'm really scared cause I think I'm going for a big table top on a MX track here in Brazil. It's one of the bigest and I don't have any clue on how to do it. Can u guys help me out here?Any advice?I just know that I have to gas it a lot!

10-29-2002, 06:52 AM
Follow a rider that IS jumping it up to the jump to see what kind of speed you'll need to jump it. Be fully FULLY confident in yourself before jumping it. since its a table top you should be able to jump it slowly and build up to clearing it..

brazilian rider
10-29-2002, 10:55 AM
i know that i can go slowly first but i'm afraid of a bad landing at the middle of the table top. Also it is a MX track for dirt bikes and not for atv's so I'm scared of going in place of the ramp that bikes go to

Tom Lynn
10-29-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Follow a rider that IS jumping it up to the jump to see what kind of speed you'll need to jump it. Be fully FULLY confident in yourself before jumping it.

Nausty
10-29-2002, 04:52 PM
lol, to elaborate a little make sure its a QUAD rider. Do you know how long it is? There isn't much advice we can give because each jump is differant and one thing we tell you could be the exact opptisite of what you should do on that particular jump. M advice is to keep jumping it farther and farther until you can get a idea of how fast you need to hit it to land on the landing. Also make sure you land on the gas because it makes the landings a little softer.

EvilJester400EX
10-29-2002, 04:58 PM
this past sunday i did some pretty big table tops. just find a guy on a quad like yours, ask him what gear he's hitting it in, and watch other people hit the jump. then go out there and jump it yourself, but do not let off the throttle at the face of the jump. also blip the throttle before you land for a softer landing, it'll raise the front end a little.

MX26
10-29-2002, 07:11 PM
When I'm doing a new jump for the 1st time, I case it a couple times, get mad at myself, then pin it. Sure, it doesnt work for everyone, and it can/will get you hurt, but that's the way I do it.

10-29-2002, 07:42 PM
nice pic!

Wired
10-29-2002, 08:53 PM
i just follow behind someone to get the speed and on the second pass GAS IT!!!! take it from me, landing long always feels better then landing short :eek:

Nausty
10-29-2002, 11:25 PM
lol but usually it only takes one go at it to tell what speed you should be going to clear it and if you still don't know, chances are you shouldn't be jumping it if its a double. lol good luck man.

QuadTrix6
10-31-2002, 03:47 PM
go for it, its only a table top

MX26
10-31-2002, 05:00 PM
For all of you people with listening skills, just go:

Braaaaaaaaaaapppppp right off the face.. it will work.

Sparks425Ex
10-31-2002, 06:43 PM
Sorry this isn;t a Flame but for all the ppl that like to Brap the throttle off the face of a jump. DON't. It ruins the jump and rips the lip apart. If you need to adjust in the air use the Brakes and the Throttle. If you are nose diving then hit the throttle and if back to far then hit either brake.(The rear is more Effective).

Just do like those guy said and follow somone. Last year I was trying to clear a 110 foot table top. Just because everyone was cheering me on. I was hitting it 4th gear pinned and wasn;t making it. It is gonna be a rough landing but as long as you land right you will be ok. By the way. I wouldn;t reconmend not making a table top to many times. I now have 3 cracks in my Frame from not making it. I don;t think it is possible for a quad to make it with the room you have to get up to speed. There are only 2 Bikes that i have ever seen do it and i am only going about 70-80 feet of it.

Just be confident whe you hit it. Never lose concentrtion.

Rip_Tear
10-31-2002, 07:35 PM
Good luck!

Nausty
10-31-2002, 07:36 PM
110ft table? lol, thats a heck of a lot of dirt.. brazilian ride, be sure to tell us how it goes.

MX26
11-01-2002, 06:25 AM
Hmm. You're not sound literate. Instead of a "brap" ON the face of it, I said braaaaaaaaap OFF the face of it. There is a difference. Braaaaaaap meaning that you're on the throttle BEFORE you get on the face.

11-01-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex
Sorry this isn;t a Flame but for all the ppl that like to Brap the throttle off the face of a jump. DON't. It ruins the jump and rips the lip apart.

Screw that jump,,,better it gets ripped apart than me if I don't jump level or start out the correct way when leaving it..the break trick in the air does't work near as good as just leaving the jump the correct way in the first place..:devil

lil400exman
11-01-2002, 07:10 AM
exactly also why is it we pay 50 buks to get into a mx track?to take care of all that crap man!:rolleyes:

EvilJester400EX
11-01-2002, 03:54 PM
i hope you're joking with the 50 bucks thing, most tracks around here are like 10 or 20 to get in

nacs400ex
11-02-2002, 09:16 AM
Thats harsh. I only pay 25 dollars canadian, And sometimes the owner lets me in for free.

trueblue450
11-04-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex
Sorry this isn;t a Flame but for all the ppl that like to Brap the throttle off the face of a jump. DON't. It ruins the jump and rips the lip apart. If you need to adjust in the air use the Brakes and the Throttle. If you are nose diving then hit the throttle and if back to far then hit either brake.(The rear is more Effective).

Just do like those guy said and follow somone. Last year I was trying to clear a 110 foot table top. Just because everyone was cheering me on. I was hitting it 4th gear pinned and wasn;t making it. It is gonna be a rough landing but as long as you land right you will be ok. By the way. I wouldn;t reconmend not making a table top to many times. I now have 3 cracks in my Frame from not making it. I don;t think it is possible for a quad to make it with the room you have to get up to speed. There are only 2 Bikes that i have ever seen do it and i am only going about 70-80 feet of it.

Just be confident whe you hit it. Never lose concentrtion.

I agree.. I always hit the jump and never burp the throtle goin up it.. its either a constant speed on the throtle or none at all. The track at bluff gets ripped to shreads by dum arses and its free now but with all the maitnence they have to do on it .. its prolly gonna cost a lot of $$$ to get in ..

MX26
11-04-2002, 11:43 AM
So if you go to a track on practice, and ride on a smooth faced jump, get used to it, you will expect the jump to be the same on a race night? Negative. Now you won't have any practice on a rutted up surface. What do you do? Suck it up, or wreck.

Which brings me atop my soap box, but I will step down before I get worked up.

stocktires
11-04-2002, 05:44 PM
on some jumps its a must to go "BRAP" Instead of "braaaaaaap".
Keep the front end up, caseing a table top is purty harsh too, and harsh on you quad.
I agree with ya MX26, a track can change dramatically from day to day riding, especially a bike track.

derekhonda
11-06-2002, 02:15 PM
what part of brazil brazillianrider? I got a friend who lives in ijui.

Go GREMIO....boo INTERof

Ryan
11-06-2002, 04:07 PM
I think that brazil guy lost his way around the site, lol. and none of us can really give this guy advice untill we know exactly what he is dealing with. He could be talking about hitting in ant farm or something or mybe clearing an air port, :D . I don't really think we can help this dude untill he tells us the length and hieght, ect.