PDA

View Full Version : Clutch replacement on 01 400EX

jshtex
10-30-2001, 10:12 AM
How hard is it? Should I go with aftermarket parts etc. And should I go ahead and put in a new basket while I am in there.
One more question... Is a service manual a must?

Thanks

oynot400
10-30-2001, 10:36 AM
Changing a clutch is not that hard, and getting is not a must but it sure is helpful. I wouldn't get a basket until you look at your stock one first. Make sure that there isn't any wear on basket where the plates ride. Is your clutch slipping? I thought mine was and it turn out that it wasn't but I changed it anyway. I put in a Barnett but there are other good brands like EBC or Hinson. :cool:

trx400ex
10-30-2001, 02:10 PM
you dont need a manual, as long as you have some idea what you doing, changing a clutch on a 400ex is nothing like changing one on a warrior, i can do one on a 400 in a half hour the warrior would take hours..

ive gat a question for yall though...i burnt out my clutch a couple months after i got the quad new.turned out by looking at it it wast totaly bad, so i put in a barnett clutch kit, plates springs, and it still slips if i pop the clutch sometimes, does anyone have any ideas?, i got the quad in april and i have to change the clutch 2 times before the year is over:confused: ..also its adjusted spot on