PDA

View Full Version : high school homework help... essays

gcart2
08-30-2007, 02:13 PM
wrote a 8 partagraph essay and cant figure out how to start it conclusion. i am the prsident for a day and i have to think about and talk abou how i would fix some nation wide issues.
war in iraq
rising fuel prices
taxes
violence
and helpingf the homelss are my topics. can you help me? CANNOT start with
"in conclusion".
my teaCHER IS ALSO A ACTOR
AUTHOR
INVESTIGATOR
so is hard to please. big wors = +. plz and ty.

honda8&3
08-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Can't help bro but you already have an essay how long have you been in school?:confused: :huh

mx825
08-30-2007, 06:25 PM
i had to write two over the summer and one on the second day. i'm sure there are many to come:o

my88r
08-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by mx825
i had to write two over the summer and one on the second day. i'm sure there are many to come:o

over the summer are you in one of those advance class.

GPracer2500
08-30-2007, 11:59 PM
It's really hard to make suggestions for a conclusion without actually reading your essay (or knowing what the class is or what grade you're in). However, perhaps it could go something like:

The United States faces many important and challenging issues. [Blank, blank, blank, and blank--i.e. the things you talked about] are national concerns whose importance should not be underestimated. We have the capacity to vigorously and effectively tackle these issues. Perhaps the greatest challenge we face is invoking the will necessary to effect positive change through deliberative action rather than satiating our desire to reform by resorting to precipitous reaction. A solution is not a solution if it sacrifices timeless ideals or the foundations of our lifestyle to alleviate "popular" socio-political problems. False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a hundred real advantages for one problem of particular focus. Therein lies the conundrum of obstinate social and political issues. By their very nature they present the greatest challenges and demand the most thoughtful course of action.

If that doesn't fit the flow of your essay then maybe it can serve to inspire your own ideas. Or just pick out things you like and try and incorporate them into your own paragraph.

Scott-300ex
08-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
It's really hard to make suggestions for a conclusion without actually reading your essay (or knowing what the class is or what grade you're in). However, perhaps it could go something like:

The United States faces many important and challenging issues. [Blank, blank, blank, and blank--i.e. the things you talked about] are national concerns whose importance should not be underestimated. We have the capacity to vigorously and effectively tackle these issues. Perhaps the greatest challenge we face is invoking the will necessary to effect positive change through deliberative action rather than satiating our desire to reform by resorting to precipitous reaction. A solution is not a solution if it sacrifices timeless ideals or the foundations of our lifestyle to alleviate "popular" socio-political problems. False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a hundred real advantages for one problem of particular focus. Therein lies the conundrum of obstinate social and political issues. By their very nature they present the greatest challenges and demand the most thoughtful course of action.

If that doesn't fit the flow of your essay then maybe it can serve to inspire your own ideas. Or just pick out things you like and try and incorporate them into your own paragraph.

Damn dude, you got time.

07250ex
08-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Damn dude, you got time.

i consider gp the smartest and most knowladgable guy on this site

wilkin250r
08-31-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
i consider gp the smartest and most knowladgable guy on this site

:( :confused:

trick250r
09-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
:( :confused:

its cool wilkin. he must not have read any of your posts.