PDA

View Full Version : elka

racerdad199
08-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Any complaints/likes about the Elka Shocks?

hotquads1
08-30-2007, 01:16 PM
all we use and sell is Elka, and we are very happy with them , they custom build the shock for each driver , and have good trackside support . I would recommend the Elkas with rezzy , not the cheap ones.
Marc

wvspeedfreak
08-30-2007, 06:46 PM
We have always run Elka with no complaints.If you need a set for a drx2 I have a practically new set for sale.They are dual rate,compression and rebound adjustable with remote rezzies.They don't have a scratch on them.

wvspeedfreak
08-31-2007, 05:56 PM
Here is a link to them.........http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=314523

bulldogfallon
08-31-2007, 06:53 PM
I have a set of Long Travel Elkas that may be available too..

Set for a 50-75lb rider....Still in the box

racerdad199
08-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Have you had any issues with the reliability of the elka shocks and have you tried any other shocks out there? Also, are there other shocks out there for the LTD 90?

bulldogfallon
09-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Ozzie has one of minis at his shop trying to see how much of the Metrakit stuff will work on our DRXs.

He has suspension, swingarms, steering stems, exhaust, etc

His fully adjustable shocks are about 40% less than Elkas.

I will post the results once we get the quad finished.

This has also given him some first hand experience with the Pro Pipe set up on the DRX quads.....This may lead to something that fits a little better out of the box

hotquads1
09-01-2007, 05:01 AM
we also have Fox shocks available, it is a good product but they cost more than the Elka
marc

Glenn Keaton
10-23-2007, 12:14 PM
i am interested in the metrafit shocks also, we will probablly only be racing minis another year and i cannot afford elkas, so maybe this is the answer to my prayers

sldhd700
10-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Shaydens quad is going to ZBroz Racing (ARS-FX)next week to have shocks built this will be one more player in the game. I ll try to keep the board up to date on the progress. I think Quad Junkies are running a set of his shocks on there Honda. I think these shocks will be marketable soon.

Shayden Housley #39

tireman43
10-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Check out Motowoz shocks. They are on the web. Manufactured in MN. I forget the guys name, but he is at the races with us and helps out all the time. We run the Elkas now and have for quite sometime. We will be making the switch as soon as possible. They are unreal. I think they are more $$ than Elkas but you get what you pay for. Just wanted to add another player.

bulldogfallon
10-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Motowoz-I hear they are some top notch shocks....My friend is buddies with the new owner....Big $$$$, but I hear they are some of the best you can buy

Fox will have some shocks designed for the DRR with the DC long travel set up in the next 4-6 weeks

Should be much lighter and performan great...

Preliminary feedback has been good

May be worth the wait?

We have our Fox Shox on the waiting list...will post more as we go..

We have sold a bunch of Elka setups with no complaints

tireman43
10-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Yeah the Motowoz are a bit more $$ than I'd like to see but I've seen many first hand and they are top notch. I don't have any complaints about the elkas, they perform great. However if there is something better I'm always ears. I'm a believer that you can have the fastest quad on the market but with no suspension it will almost always loose. I rode a friends stock Suzi 400 a couple weeks ago and got beat by a 300ex that had elkas and a swinger. I'm not as fast as I used to be but that shows my theory.

I'd be interested in hearing about the new Fox shox when they come available.

QuadJunkies
10-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by sldhd700
Shaydens quad is going to ZBroz Racing (ARS-FX)next week to have shocks built this will be one more player in the game. I ll try to keep the board up to date on the progress. I think Quad Junkies are running a set of his shocks on there Honda. I think these shocks will be marketable soon.

Shayden Housley #39

Nate told us they got there hands on a DRR,cool to find out it was Shaydens !
We will also be working on doing some testing on the Zbroz set up once they get done.We will be doing another review in the future .:)
The ARS-FX set up is amazing!:cool:

As for Elkas-AWESOME shock! I know its saved my Sons butt a few times.We had to have some adj. made to improve the rebound abit, but I think its dialed now .
Elkas customer service is also still some of the best out there .

jjd223
10-26-2007, 04:00 PM
What does the Motowoz shock have or do that Elka doesnt?