PDA

View Full Version : Labaor day weeknd at Little Sahara

Titanium
08-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Well who all is gonna be up there this weekend? I'll be up there. We're stayin at the North Camp Ground. PM me if your interested in ridin with us. Look for us we'll have a really really nice dune buggy thats got a 427 in it, my stock YFZ(just look for a guy with bright white Alpinestar boots on thats me lol), a 2005 Honda 450r with graphics and HMF exhaust.

pharit
08-30-2007, 10:44 AM
wish i could go but i'm broke....That and i'm not a big fan of the north camp ground.

Lots more partys in the south campground.

smokinwrench
08-30-2007, 10:55 AM
I'll be there this weekend also. We will be in teh south campground. I'll be riding a 525 outlaw and my boy will have his 07 trx250ex

livetoride
08-30-2007, 11:43 AM
I have been thinking about going down but I'm not sure if i can get away. If i can make it down i'll be riding a stock green KFX450 with the front fenders removed and i'll be running sand stars in the front and haulers in the back. hope to see ya there.:blah:

svahle
08-30-2007, 12:10 PM
FYI - I was there last weekend and came back with about 100 mosquitoe bites. So take some OFF!!!!

Also, be careful on the trails. There is standing water on many of the trails that can be pretty deep. You'll be flying along, turn a corner, and there will be deep standing water in the middle of the trail. They may have dried up a little over the past week, but don't be surprised by them either. There were also several ponds out in the dunes that aren't normally there.

Have fun!!

Titanium
08-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by svahle
FYI - I was there last weekend and came back with about 100 mosquitoe bites. So take some OFF!!!!

Also, be careful on the trails. There is standing water on many of the trails that can be pretty deep. You'll be flying along, turn a corner, and there will be deep standing water in the middle of the trail. They may have dried up a little over the past week, but don't be surprised by them either. There were also several ponds out in the dunes that aren't normally there.

Have fun!!

yea it was like that when we went about 3 weeks ago. i dont really ride on the trails much so i dont have that problem lol.

sevans
08-30-2007, 01:34 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by svahle

Have fun!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is not joking about the mosquitoes. They were brutal. Enjoy!

cbrooks118
08-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Maybe I am getting old, but i love north camp. nice and quiet. entry right at the dunes... nuff said.. or maybe not

At sandjam 07, we parked in south camp on the campsites right next to jump setup for Axis on the hill. (saw the guy on the pedal motorcycle numerous times) Anyways morons are going through the campsite in like third gear making it dusty as hell for the rest of us, not to mention putting the kiddos around our camp in danger. We got em back though. when they came around we squirted them with the water hose. they stopped and were going to try to starrt something until i got out of my lawnchair ( im 6'3 225 and my 4 buddies are the same size)

Nobody ever shuts up either. It was like 3 am and guys below us, who were morons, had their throttle pinned on thier banshee and were yelling to each other that it didnt sound right. Needless to say that i got out of bed, and started talking junk to em'. and other campers did the same so they gave it up.

Dont get me wrong , i drink and get loud, but i know when its time to be resepctive to other people and especially around children.

"Some" people are ruining my experience at the dunes and i would quit goign all togethor, but i am addicted to the biscuits and gravy at Miller's cafe

svahle
08-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Here is my only problem with North camp. We were riding once at night and a buddy of mine broke his chain. Anyway, we all got split up. I wound up with a group of 5 guys, 3 of which had never been there before. Then the rain sat in. It poured on us. I had never stayed in North camp before and we rode around in the driving rain for 1.5 hours unable to find North camp. We found South camp three times during all of this. So, I figure South camp is better for me.

cbrooks118 - Is that you in your avatar?:D

cjkranz
08-30-2007, 07:43 PM
The far north end of the south camp grounds (Sand City) up on the hill behind the parts store, thats were to stay..