PDA

View Full Version : DRR Bolt On Nerfrs by XFR

bulldogfallon
08-30-2007, 09:17 AM
They should be available in a few days...

They look great and will be convenient for those that prefer not to weld...

BradLoomis
08-30-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't have any pics of the finished nerfs... but I have seen them and they look awsome! Here are a couple shots of the prototyping to give you an idea of the final product.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc52/X-Stream_Composites/IMG_1313web.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc52/X-Stream_Composites/IMG_1312web.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc52/X-Stream_Composites/IMG_1311web.jpg

riley racing
08-30-2007, 01:44 PM
I am just getting back into this class with my little girl, (my son has been on a 90 mod, and now a youth production) and we just picked her 2008 DRR 70 up from Hetrick last night, and I am pretty sure it has these new nerfs on it your talking about. Your right Bulldog they are awsome!

badboyracing
08-30-2007, 02:11 PM
^^^^^
When did the 2008 models come out? I am a new owner of the DRX 70 and got mine the first of August (thank you Hot Quads). It has the silver frame and what appears to be a reinforced swingarm. I wonder if mine is a 2008 as well, hum. I am waiting on these nerfs as we speak and cant wait to see em.

Nichols Atvs
08-30-2007, 02:34 PM
They are very simular but are a weld on version the new ones coming out is a bolt on type . By the way Brad do you know if they are going to make the foot tread removeable and adjustable for short riders.

bulldogfallon
08-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by badboyracing
^^^^^
When did the 2008 models come out? I am a new owner of the DRX 70 and got mine the first of August (thank you Hot Quads). It has the silver frame and what appears to be a reinforced swingarm. I wonder if mine is a 2008 as well, hum. I am waiting on these nerfs as we speak and cant wait to see em.

I believe all current units are 2007....

Only minimal changes coming....After all the changes in 2007 things will settle down for a while..

BradLoomis
08-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Nichols Atvs
They are very simular but are a weld on version the new ones coming out is a bolt on type . By the way Brad do you know if they are going to make the foot tread removeable and adjustable for short riders.

Just got off of the phone with XFR... they were going to weld the cleat on as is seen in the photo. But by the time I got off of the phone, John is going to re-look at making it a pro-peg style bolt on with different options of cleats to be able to bolt on. Aluminum, stainless, tall, short, long flat track style, etc. The first 50-100 will probably be welded because everything is cut and ready to be run... but he is going to look at it before he runs the lot. He also changed the back bars to a plate with mud reliefs... the real cool thing is he will be able to offer custom logos waterjet cut into the heel guard plate, that will be really cool looking.

Nichols Atvs
08-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Thats sounds awesome hopefully he will do the pro peg type my boy is short it would be nice to take the blocks off his nerf bars .so they look like every one elses.

forgiven
08-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Those look awesome.

I got the rath's already but I think those look very nice and will be considerably cheaper.

hotquads1
08-31-2007, 05:32 AM
^^^^^

Badboyracing your new nerfs will arrive at your door today (friday),you are the owner of the first "production" set in the country , ride them with pride . give us your opinion once you have them installed , and some pics . As Gary said these nerfs are limited availability so interested owners should order quickly. Thanks
Marc

hotquads1
08-31-2007, 05:36 AM
It is my understanding (per lou at DRR) that 08 models will not be available for a few more weeks, and no changes are expected.
Marc

humboldt hills
08-31-2007, 05:50 AM
whoops

Andyman17dad
08-31-2007, 05:59 AM
Are these a new style XFR nerf??
There is 3 or 4 kids using them up here and at least one of them has been running them all season.

humboldt hills
08-31-2007, 06:07 AM
Some folks my have been using the ones they designed for the dinlis? These are made, Bolt-on, specifically for the DRRs.

hotquads1
08-31-2007, 07:08 AM
these are new style , not available until this week , been in development stage for 3 months . First prototype was finished a few days ago , and the first actual production set was not complete until this week . these bolt on to DRX and work with the footbrake kit we have.
Marc

badboyracing
08-31-2007, 06:08 PM
And they are here!!!!! Man these are SWEEEEEETTTT!!! This picture was taken with my phone. I will try and post up better pictures with a digital tomorrow. Marc, thank you so much for ordering these for me.

http://www.axcessmypics.com/photos/photo03/2c/3c/6da7e75ac7a3.jpg

Nichols Atvs
08-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Those are very good looking cant wait to start using them
on some minis

hotquads1
09-01-2007, 09:54 AM
And they are here!!!!! Man these are SWEEEEEETTTT!!! This picture was taken with my phone. I will try and post up better pictures with a digital tomorrow. Marc, thank you so much for ordering these for me.

http://www.axcessmypics.com/photos/photo03/2c/3c/6da7e75ac7a3.jpg ..

I'm glad you like em , its been a long wait but they are worth it !
we have 2 more sets available if anyone would like some , let me know ...going fast..
marc

bulldogfallon
09-01-2007, 01:14 PM
They look great!!

Can't wait to get ours bolted on...

Did anyone check to see if the it will fit a 50 since the swingarm is 2" shorter?

I'll be waiting like a kid on Christmas for our shipment to show up next week!!

ecmini1
09-01-2007, 07:06 PM
We have been installing the weld on XFRs for awhile and is a great product. These bolt ons look great.

hotquads1
09-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Gary , I think they will work well on the 50cc also, even more clearance for the 50cc with 16" rear tires. We are going to mount some a 50 this week and I will post some pics.
marc

bulldogfallon
09-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Marc....We all run 18" Snow Hogs here in FL....Too soft of sand to run the 16"....

Just thought I would throw that question out there....I have seen silly things like that get overlooked in the past....

hotquads1
09-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Gary,
how well do snow hogs work in sand ? I guess it's tough living near sunny Fla beaches year around , I just dont see how you guys do it ! LOL
marc

wvspeedfreak
09-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Those are some nice looking nerfs.I just bought a set of weld on bars from xfr.They appear to be nicely made as well.

QuadJunkies
09-04-2007, 12:55 AM
We have the weld on style,no complaints here!
The new style are VERY trick!!
May have to get a new set next racing season :cool:

ecmini1
09-04-2007, 05:13 AM
The snow hogs work well in sand. As long as its not a real fine sand like sugar sand then it can get a little tough at times. The kids keep it pinned most of the time so they stay on top of the sand .

Most of the tracks dont use sand here in Fla. only time I think its some what a problem is XC style racing.

QuadJunkies
09-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Snow hog and Maxxis Cross will both do well in Sand.
We had aother tire thsat worked good as well,but I cant think of it off hand..
It has a "V" tread in the center .
We ran them on my Sons E-ton .

BradLoomis
09-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Tina, was it the Fast Trekker?
http://www.tiresunlimited.com/images/titan_atv/fasttrekkerr.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by BradLoomis
Tina, was it the Fast Trekker?
http://www.tiresunlimited.com/images/titan_atv/fasttrekkerr.jpg
Oh- I forgot about those too!!
We had them for a long time on both minis and they worked great!
This one had a more defined V tread in the center to them.
My mind is totally blank :huh
I could have sworn I seen a mini with them on at Toutle.
Age is catching up on me I think :o lol

tireman43
09-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Anyone have pics of these mounted yet?? I see the one that badboyracing posted, but I'd like to see some other views.

hotquads1
09-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Hi Tireman one of my dealers will be posting some pics in the next day or so(just finished a new cusiom build with these), keep your eyes open your gonna be very impressed !
I have 2 sets available if anyone needs some call me quick.

QuadJunkies
09-15-2007, 12:16 PM
My son broke his stock ones on his other mini... I question the strength on the bolt on style,especially for the bigger kids??
Has there been any testing done for any weak points?
Even the weld style has broke on us .

Then again, I dont think there is anything full proof with these kids and minis.:p

hotquads1
09-15-2007, 03:05 PM
No worries here , the frame of your quad will break before these nerfs break ! These are built like the nerfs for a 450 pro quad and bolt on in a similar manner. these are american made -race quality , not standard Tiawan issue copies that you might get free with some brands. XFR has a proven product that is currently being used(tested) on hundreds of race quads around the country, these are built with the same care and quality. So you can purchase with confidence. Like you , I also have seen weld on nerfs break but its not usually the nerf bar but rather the weld or the frame at the weld point.
marc

hotquads1
09-19-2007, 09:49 AM
sorry took so long on the pics , here they are
marc

hotquads1
09-19-2007, 09:51 AM
another

backinsaddle
09-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Those look great, I have 2 on order, can't wait until they come in.

jaksdad
09-25-2007, 04:36 PM
how do I post photos here ? Got some great XFR nerf photos

bulldogfallon
09-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by backinsaddle
Those look great, I have 2 on order, can't wait until they come in.

We rec'd the first part of our order today...

Come by and pick them up tomorrow

jaksdad
09-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Pictures?

QuadJunkies
09-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by jaksdad
how do I post photos here ? Got some great XFR nerf photos
IF you send me the pics, Ill resize and post them for you if you like :)
tntkuna@msn.com

bulldogfallon
09-25-2007, 11:40 PM
We rec'd our nerfs and they are really nice and bolt on really easy...

I just removed the bottom bolts on the cvt cover so it looks like the cover should come off and on w/o taking the nerf off, but I haven't taken it off yet

QuadJunkies
09-26-2007, 12:15 AM
here ya go :)
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/86236353.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/86236355.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/86236356.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/86236357.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/86236358.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/86236359.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/86236360.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/86236361.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/86236362.jpg

jaksdad
09-26-2007, 12:53 AM
They are Rockin'.
Thanks for doing that. Now everyone can see the Quality of John's Nerf Bars ! They fit perfect.
Thanks again. I'll have to find out how you did that ??

ecmini1
09-26-2007, 05:29 AM
Well hello jak how you been?

The XFR look great. Looks like you could cut off that old frt mount under the net.

Funny how our DRR is a diffrent name over in the UK.

Keep in touch.

jaksdad
09-26-2007, 05:56 AM
Yes, we're doing fine out here !
I was going to say funny how they call our Apache Lightening F 100 'S' a different name over there but it's too long to say it!!
I did consider cutting off the front footwell mounting plate but I thought I would leave it up to the customer in case they wanted to put the original footwells on to sell it once finished with. John has excelled his quality with these !
As far as I know there are only 4 of these 'racing' with the Enduro clubs but only achieving top 4 results, not many firsts but in all fairness they have only been out officially about 3 months, an ideal quad for the persons that don't want a ProShark (Apex) or a Dolphin 100, but more so for the smaller rider as we notice a lot of the kids over here on the Apex standup alot of the time to ride meaning the quad is too big for them! (Monkey Arms needed). These are only available in White at the moment over here and only 100cc Liquid Cooled ! We do not have the customer base over here like you lucky people do !
Still good quad out of the box and as you can see we have started to do our own Grafix kits for them.
Catch you again and take care
Regards Rod www.jaksquads.co.uk

hotquads1
09-26-2007, 06:05 AM
thanks for the pics

JGumbs
10-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Sorry this took so long It's been a busy couple of weeks. Install took 15 min including drilling the one hole needed to keep the nerf on the rear peg. I keep the front floor board bracket on the bike, it's not in the way. The foot brake was too close to the foot peg for this customer. So, I made two inch longer ones. On the 90's you will have a hard time removing the clutch cover with them installed. But, if you remove the one bolt from the nerf and slide it back an inch or two you can get it off. Other than that, everything fit together like it was meant to, no forcing parts or ovaling holes to get things to fit.

JGumbs
10-01-2007, 06:32 PM
next

JGumbs
10-01-2007, 06:32 PM

JGumbs
10-01-2007, 06:35 PM

jaksdad
10-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Hello
We only get the 100cc model (54mm Bore x 42.5mm Stroke) only in White and no Foot Pedal for the rear brake, it is on the handlebars, Choice is not an option !
Still these have slotted in nicely, ideal for the smaller kid snd midway on price so it gives people the option now of the Apex (ProShark) the Dolphin or this, mainly these 3 Quads are all thats used over here.
These were available about 4 years ago as another named quad but only with single a arms but things have moved on and this has come about, great toy!
Rod :)

Steven623
10-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi, I heard that it was tough to get the clutch cover off when these new nerfs are on? I talked to someone at XFR today and they told me that if its turned a certain way they do come off pretty easily.

bulldogfallon
10-25-2007, 12:10 PM
They come off w/o too much work.....

Nothing I would be worried about....

I just loosen 2 bolts and a wiggle and they come off....

Pretty easy.....

Great looking and performing nerfs!!

drr5
10-25-2007, 03:48 PM
they arent that hard to get the clutch cover off we got them on one of our bikes you just pull the cover off and slide it forward, im with gary these are great nerf bars and arent to expensive.

backinsaddle
10-25-2007, 09:16 PM
I agree with all the other comments, great product, easy install, quality finish. Really does take very short time to install

GNCC GROVE
10-26-2007, 11:51 AM
So these will work with the DRR rear break pedel? We have an 07 70cc.

backinsaddle
10-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by GNCC GROVE
So these will work with the DRR rear break pedel? We have an 07 70cc.

yes, and no. I have my rear brakes bolted on, but have not filled with fluid yet. My opinion is the brake lever is a bit too short (about 1 1/2" from peg). it will probably still work, but I'm going to fab a longer brake lever for mine before using.

forgiven
12-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Here is what we made and it works pretty good.

forgiven
12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
That is Mac75's so that one is not for sale :D

QuadJunkies
12-22-2007, 10:51 AM
In that picture I noticed something...
with the bolt ons, do you have to have it mounted to the plastic?
We cut our rear plastic, so there wont be anything to mount to.
Are the weld style still avail.?
A part of me is still nervous with a bolt on,but I would be willing to try a set with so many positive comments on them.

forgiven
12-22-2007, 01:08 PM
You don't have to tie them into the fender...they are very supportive even on the heel guard. You may want to grind down the tab for the fenders.

Don't be afraid of the bolt-ons. I was trying to simulate race conditions on one to see if I could run the mini with the big quads...I wouldn't be afraid of it.

drr5
12-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Ww instal these alot we just make sure that the rear mount on the bike is welded good , on mine i went a little further and added a gusset for strength, we have both style and my riders prefer the bolt on style over the weld on , im not a fan of the bolt on heel plate like the weld ons have we have broke many of the ac heel guards but havent broke the xfr bolt on heel guards.

QuadJunkies
12-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by drr5
Ww instal these alot we just make sure that the rear mount on the bike is welded good , on mine i went a little further and added a gusset for strength, we have both style and my riders prefer the bolt on style over the weld on , im not a fan of the bolt on heel plate like the weld ons have we have broke many of the ac heel guards but havent broke the xfr bolt on heel guards.
Why would they have more preference over a welded style?
Im just curious .
We have broke weld style and same with the heel guards,AC ones we had not good luck with ..But then again, there isnt too many things that havent been broke once or twice ..LOL
I was encouraged to not run the bolt on style for an aggressive rider, so I just wanted to see how much the nerfs have been put threw the test before going this route.
I appreciate the feedback :)

forgiven
12-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Sounds like you break everything anyway...give it a shot :D

QuadJunkies
12-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by forgiven
Sounds like you break everything anyway...give it a shot :D
HAHA... I know!:p
darn kids anyhow... :o

sldhd700
12-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Hey Jacksdad

I noticed in the pics you posted the resvoir bottle completely full. Be careful I used to run Shaydens that way they seem to leak fluid all over everywhere and ruin your brake pads. We reached a point that we had no rear bereaks. I only put about a half inch in the bottom of the bottle now and it works great.

Shayden Housley#39