PDA

View Full Version : Bent hub? Possible?

tcr450r
08-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Well before i go and buy another part for my quad that might turn out to be useless like the others i figured i would ask your guys' opinion.

About a year ago i got into a wreck which included my right, rear end sliding sideways into the left front wheel of my buddies quad. The roads were icy and i must have hit him at about 35 mph. Anyways, after the accident i rode away with a wobble and first thing that came to mind was a bent axle. I bought a used axle from a guy on here and got super pi$$ed because i thought he had sent me a bent axle. So I then bought a used axle for cheap off ebay from a seller with over 1000 postive feedbacks. Got another "bent" axle. I then thought that it could have been my axle bearings. Changed those, bought a brand new g-force axle, and brand new ITP baja rims all around with new tires. I still have a wobble.

My question is do u guys think that it is possible to bend a hub? I didn't think i did because the rim goes on alright and you would think it would be tough to bend a hub. Could it be that or am I just a moron and missed another possibility? Sorry for the long post.

Flyin-Low
08-29-2007, 11:01 PM
I know when I got into my accident.. My front right rim was hit and turned all the way right until it hit the a-arm.. The rim bent (badly, it's an oval now), the a-arm bent, the spindle bent, the hub bearings BROKE, and I'm pretty damn sure that the hub itself is still mint. I did alot of measuring and put it on a sheet of glass and there was no warping.

But I imagine it's possible because I don't think the rear hubs are as strong as the front..

-Martin

chris46250r
08-30-2007, 05:34 AM
Try this. Swap sides with the hubs. If the wobble swaps sides, its the hub. If the wobble stays, not the hub. This could have been tried before all that axle, wheel and bearing buying.

tcr450r
08-30-2007, 02:06 PM
yeah but the thing is that the wobble is so bad i can't tell which side it is coming from. Have any of you guys ever had a bad ITP rim sent to you? Or any of you with experience of Kenda Klaws... did they tend to shake real bad?