PDA

View Full Version : maybe blown

04blasterkid
08-29-2007, 06:42 PM
idk my freind is trying to tell me its fryed, i was doing slow wheelies and it started to get boggy, i stalled it and it started right up and now its got no power and the rev limiter as at like 1/2 throttle.. if its idlin and i chop the gas it stalls...

air filther is clean, its not out of gas, no smoke, no knockin/ticking, full of oil...

it almost seems electrical to me but i couldnt find notinhg, the head light still works..

when i do ride it, it smokes blue.. like just a lil bit when i hold it to the bar

Kaleigh
08-29-2007, 07:01 PM
did you check the choke? maybe the boot is loose between the motor and carb?

04blasterkid
08-29-2007, 07:09 PM
the choke is OFF, when i turn it on halfway it dont run at all, and it wont start either (unless cold)

rwc0920
08-29-2007, 07:12 PM
yea man your starting to burn oil. The same exact thing is happening to my 400ex right now. I tried changing the valve seals but that doesn'y seem to work but you can try. I guess the only option is buy a bore kit for it.

08-29-2007, 07:15 PM
how does that happen? Imean are the cylinder walls scratched so oil comes through or something and burns? please explain this to me.

04blasterkid
08-29-2007, 07:40 PM
tht sucks:rolleyes:

400ex_rider13
08-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Before you guess anything. Have someone do a Leak Down Test. It will determine the condition of your engine, A healthy engine should be 0-8% leakage. This will check the condition of your Rings and Valves. If it's more than those percent's, check your valve clearance before you go ripping your engine apart.

EX LONERIDER
08-29-2007, 08:30 PM
how far back a wheelie were you doing? i see all these guys doing damn near standing the bike straight up and you gotta realize that the exhaust valves are not getting sufficient oil to em cus of the angle.... i can only assume you may have been doing em for a long time and dried the seals making them leak some now.

as for it not running right, check your float too and make sure it didnt get stuck.

sounds like when you blip the throttle its getting too much gas...... pull and check your plug and see if its wet (fuel) or whats going on in there.

my88r
08-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by EX LONERIDER
how far back a wheelie were you doing? i see all these guys doing damn near standing the bike straight up and you gotta realize that the exhaust valves are not getting sufficient oil to em cus of the angle.... i can only assume you may have been doing em for a long time and dried the seals making them leak some now.

as for it not running right, check your float too and make sure it didnt get stuck.

sounds like when you blip the throttle its getting too much gas...... pull and check your plug and see if its wet (fuel) or whats going on in there.

too if he was doing for sometime. that air cooled motor was proudly real hot.:ermm:

EX LONERIDER
08-29-2007, 09:12 PM
yea.... you gotta realize, these are AIR cooled motors. they need air to keep cool. given, its not gonna overheat or anything just idling around but if you are working it some it will start to get hot.

GOTFEAR
08-29-2007, 09:13 PM
sounds like rod baring seizing up check your oil filter for metal shavings

04blasterkid
08-30-2007, 04:41 AM
i just changed the oil about 2 hr,s before i was doing these wheelies, i would just like jump back and pop the clutch and clutch/brake for acoss my back yard (my whole yard including house is .75 acre) so u can see i didnt go far... its not much smoke at all either

how do i go about the leakdown test?

Sparky_20
08-30-2007, 10:46 PM
before you waste your time doing a leakdown test pull the fuel line off and make sure your getting a steady stream of fuel. If you are then as said beforfe pull the float bowl off and make sure the float isnt stuck and that the needle and seat are in good position. Also check to make sure your main jet didnt wiggle loose. Start with the easy stuff before you check for mechanical problems.